Conquest Solo - Just Use A 6 Sided Die

By paganeagle2001, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Okay, sometimes you can't find a partner to play, or you just want some practice.

So, all you need is a six sided die.

The only time you need to use it is when you use your dial to assign a warlord:-

5 planets - re roll on a 6

4 planets - re roll on a 5 or 6

3 planets - 1 or 2 = planet 1, 3 or 4 = planet 2, 5 or 6 = planet 3

2 planets - 1 to 3 = planet 1, 4 to 6 = planet 2

No need for 1 planet as both would be assigned automatically.

Okay, not great rules, but they do help if you want to get some practice.

All the best.

Richard

Hehehe, nice thinking Richard, altough I do feel a little bit sorry for those who can't find opponents. Feel free to PM me for Skype or OCTGN if people want to play.

Cheers,

Sometimes people can't get to gaming groups, this gives them the opportunity to get some practice in.

By playing both sides, you get the experience of both sides.

I'm surprised they didn't add this as a little variation.

I checked through all the rules, and the only time you do anything secret is the dial work.

So, adaption is fun. Lol

All the best.

Richard

I'll just play "2 handed". If, for example, you're playing Kith vs Cato and Kith has initiative, you just decide where you're going with her and then you have to put your Cato hat on and say, "Ok, where would I really go if i was playing just as Cato."

This is a good way to practice...and of course, OCTGN.

I also play some games like that sammann11, altough I have to say nothing beats good opponents, mainly because the knowledge you have by playing by yourself is much greater than in a normal game. Leading to good plays but they also are obvious good plays.

I played OCTGN a bit before the game officially came out in the UK ( which took longer than I liked, I tell you ), I find it a bit fiddly and clunky though. Dunno if the interface for Conquest has changed much since launch mind.

OCTGN is a terrible platform. We need a LackeyCCG plugin badly

OCTGN is a terrible platform. We need a LackeyCCG plugin badly

I disagree. The OCTGN plugin is actually pretty good. I use it almost daily.

I didn't like Octgn. Maybe it's my PC but the stuff on screen was tiny and you could only read it by mousing over it.

People play over skype?

Im open for skype play aswell. Just add me: j.d.antoine :)

How would that work?

There are a number of ways to do it... usually people position the camera to look at the cards on the table in front of them. Each player just plays to that area, same as a "real game". I used to play CoC like this and we had one player have the "real" story cards and draw randomly and all, and the other player on their side would just search the planet deck for the same cards shown on the "lead" player. That way both views have the planet cards in them.

It dose work but it is awkward. I know some old hands that use a casting system like OBS and 2 cameras and use OBS to show one shot of the table the other of the player. It really dose make a difference seeing the other player.

I also play some games like that sammann11, altough I have to say nothing beats good opponents, mainly because the knowledge you have by playing by yourself is much greater than in a normal game. Leading to good plays but they also are obvious good plays.

Agreed here completely. The combos that people have come up with are excellent because they often reveal nuances to rules that I had never considered before. It's hard to do that solely from solo play. That said, solo play is sometimes the only way to get some practice in or test out a deck for a few rounds before running it.

Agreed here completely. The combos that people have come up with are excellent because they often reveal nuances to rules that I had never considered before. It's hard to do that solely from solo play. That said, solo play is sometimes the only way to get some practice in or test out a deck for a few rounds before running it.

Fully true.

Like any heavy strategic game however you really see that you can get huge advantages out of the mistakes your opponents make. Unlike MtG, this is heavily punished in Conquest.

I am thinking about buying this game to play solo, as it is the only way I can play.

My wife does play LOTR: LCG with me, but thats coop.

Also, she doesnt understand the WH40K universe, but does like and know the LOTRs world.