IS GW GOING TO PRODUCE SOME NEW FIGURES TO GO WITH THE ROGUE TRADER BOOKS??

By fierios, in Rogue Trader

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF GW IS GOING TO PRODUCE ANY NEW FIGURES TO GO WITH THE ROGUE TRADER LINE OF BOOKS. THE NAME ROGUE TRADER CONJURES UP THE BEST MEMORIES OF THE EARLY DAYS OF GAMES WORKSHOP AND THE FIGURES MADE FOR THE ERA. I REALLY THINK THEY WOULD BE SHORT SIGHTED TO NOT JUMP ON THIS WITH A NEW LINE OF FIGURES........

IT IS VERY UNLIKELY.

Erm, no. They don't support RPGs with minis directly, and as a company they don't care...

BUT, there are the new IG advisors, with a naval officer and astropath. IIRC Forge World does the odd pilot/titan crew mini.

Some stuff is out there if you look at the extra options in the 40K ranges, just not everything - the mini ranges are nowhere near as diverse as the last time there was a product called Rogue Trader out there!

Evilgm said:

IT IS VERY UNLIKELY.

YOU FORGOT YOUR MULTIPLE EXCLAMATION MARKS!!

ON TOPIC: I STRONGLY DOUBT IT! THE BEST YOU COULD HOPE FOR WOULD BE A NOVEL FROM BLACK LIBRARY, ALTHOUGH IT PROBABLY WON'T BE IN ALL CAPS.

THERE ARE SEVERAL MINIATURES IN THE CURRENT RANGE THAT WOULD WORK WELL.

AS AN ASIDE I'M WONDERING IF MY BATTLEFLEET GOTHIC MINIATURES MIGHT COME IN HANDY FOR REPRESENTING SPACE BATTLES!!

Yes, I am afraid you are right about the GW attitiude. The set of advisors does look good, I have three sets on order and some of the range like the new psyker fits in well with Rogue Trader genre.I was hoping that someone had some good news about figures for this series...oh well, thanks for your answers and ideas anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!