Get boosters cheap for draft night

By LetsGoRed, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

Woot!

FFG is having their annual holiday sale, including booster displays for $25. There is also some board games (including the expansion packs for Blue Moon, a good game), miniatures, and RPGs on sale. http://app.fantasyflightgames.com/5dsale2008.html

Yeah, it looks like an amazing sale. I'd love to order some products, but I'm a bit wary about ordering CoC boosters like I want to, since I'm dreading a similar announcement about 'early rotation' for CoC.

Doesn't this sale kind of confirm that they are going to be doing the same thing?

That or it means, regardless of the CoC format, they still just have too much CoC in their back stock.

OR it means they want more people to learn about the game, so they put starters and boosters on sale...

OK never mind. Still no confirmation. :)

Is it a big deal if they DO do the same to CoC as they did with AGoT>

If they have events like GenCon and subsequent announcement in favor of Standard or this big sale that encourage players to buy older product without announcing to people so that they are informed a reasonable amount of time beforehand, then yes, it is a big deal.

Frankly, as far as CoC goes, having this great sale and then probably announcing here in a couple weeks that all that stuff people just bought is suddenly rotating beyond any previously established schedule would feel an awful lot like taking advantage of your customers.

*shrug* Maybe my version of ethics is more stringent.