Pack of Holding

By GT_Entropy, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I haven't been able to find this anywhere. If the Pack of Holding is destroyed, what happens to the things inside the pack?

Don't know the official answer, but I would make the player discard down to the number of items (s)he could hold without the pack...

It's easy: In this case, treat all the stuff as normal package. If the hero has more in his pack than he could carry, he has to throw some stuff away immediately.

Actually, all the stuff in the Bag of Holding gets discarded since it was in the Bag of Holding and not the Heroes pack . Being allowed to keep items if the Bag of Holding was destroyed would mean the hero was allowed to transfer items from the Bag to his pack. which can only happen during the hero's turn. Since the only way I really know of to destroy the Bag of Holding is with Crushing Blow, it doesn't happen during his turn so he can't do it..

Hence why the Bag of Holding is a dangerous item to have, since its a giant OL target. Same thing goes if the hero gets hit with the Lodestone IIRC.

Big Remy said:

Actually, all the stuff in the Bag of Holding gets discarded since it was in the Bag of Holding and not the Heroes pack . Being allowed to keep items if the Bag of Holding was destroyed would mean the hero was allowed to transfer items from the Bag to his pack. which can only happen during the hero's turn. Since the only way I really know of to destroy the Bag of Holding is with Crushing Blow, it doesn't happen during his turn so he can't do it..

Hence why the Bag of Holding is a dangerous item to have, since its a giant OL target. Same thing goes if the hero gets hit with the Lodestone IIRC.

+1
As a hero, worth remembering that you still get to keep stuff in your 'normal' pack...

Big Remy said:

Actually, all the stuff in the Bag of Holding gets discarded since it was in the Bag of Holding and not the Heroes pack .

I don't think that this is true. The card says "You may put as many items in your pack as you wish", so it just adds (infinite) places to the heroes pack, but IT IS still the heroes pack where those items are. So all items have been in the heroes pack when the card got destroyed - the hero doesn't have to transfer any items, he just has to discard all cards that exceed his normal pack rate.

Graf said:

Big Remy said:

Actually, all the stuff in the Bag of Holding gets discarded since it was in the Bag of Holding and not the Heroes pack .

I don't think that this is true. The card says "You may put as many items in your pack as you wish", so it just adds (infinite) places to the heroes pack, but IT IS still the heroes pack where those items are. So all items have been in the heroes pack when the card got destroyed - the hero doesn't have to transfer any items, he just has to discard all cards that exceed his normal pack rate.

If so then I stand corrected. Don't have access to the card to check myself atm.

Graf said:

Big Remy said:

Huh...I'll have to look. Maybe I've just always confused it with the DnD Bag of Holding.

Graf said:

Big Remy said:

I concur. There's nothing on the card text to imply other items are connected to the bag itself or its ultimate fate (other than common sense, and we all know how well that works in Descent.) If the bag is destroyed, otehr items stay in the hero's normal pack and he must discard if he's got more items than he can carry.

I would, however, rule that the hero cannot EQUIP items that were previously in his pack to save them. Being given a card allows a free re-equip, losing a card doesn't.

Steve-O said:

I would, however, rule that the hero cannot EQUIP items that were previously in his pack to save them. Being given a card allows a free re-equip, losing a card doesn't.

Being given a card only allows you to equip that card , in fact. If you pick up a one-handed weapon, you can equip it for free (and put any displaced items into your backpack), but you can't also equip the shield from your backpack for free.

Corbon said:

Graf said:

If so then I stand corrected. Don't have access to the card to check myself atm.

Graf is correct.

Antistone said:

Steve-O said:

Being given a card only allows you to equip that card , in fact. If you pick up a one-handed weapon, you can equip it for free (and put any displaced items into your backpack), but you can't also equip the shield from your backpack for free.

Yes, that's what I meant.