Who is the Asian woman on the product page?

By Evil Genius Prime, in Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

I was wondering who the Asian woman on the product page was. I have the core game, F&F and W&W. Is she the great leader in an upcoming Civ expansion? Does anyone know?

I've heard a rumor that it is illegal in China to portray Chairman Mao in a negative way and apparently the possibility of anyone losing the game while playing as the Chinese would qualify as a negative portrayal of him. Thus FFG chose to change the Chinese leader to that woman instead. Her name eludes me at the moment but as I recall she's part of an old Chinese legend.

Thanks! :D

I've heard a rumor that it is illegal in China to portray Chairman Mao in a negative way and apparently the possibility of anyone losing the game while playing as the Chinese would qualify as a negative portrayal of him. Thus FFG chose to change the Chinese leader to that woman instead. Her name eludes me at the moment but as I recall she's part of an old Chinese legend.

Fnoffen is correct in China there are restrictions on the use of Mao's likeness. So in most European versions of the game Wu Zetian was used instead.

I for one have Chairman Mao as the Chinese leader. Game copy bought and residing in Sweden (which is located in northern europe).

I think the first edition had Chairman Mao as the Chinese leader but the second edition came with Wu Zetian because of the pressure to FFG. A friend of mine who bought the first edition has also Mao and not Wu Zetian. I have the latter. I also got the fixed Flight technology cards in my game.