Awakening Center & Timing Structure of a Run

By instinctive, in Android: Netrunner Rules Questions

When in the timing structure does the Awakening Center rez its ice? I cannot find an answer in the FAQ or on the net.

My hypothesis is that it is in "3.2: [...] ...Or the run continues [...]". If the ice is rezzed, then the runner encounters the ice and timing structure 3 begins immediately.

Some implications: no paid ability window until the encounter with the AC ice begins, and Nasir loses all his credits but gains none, since the ice was not rezzed in timing structure 2 of the run (per Nasir's FAQ entry).

Is this interpretation correct? Thanks!

I'm actually not sure about Awakening Center, so I really hope someone else can clear this up. I am, however, fairly certain about one of your implications, so I thought I'd mention it:

Nasir has a single ability that does two things, if its condition is met, both happen. He could gain 0 credits if that's the Ice's rez cost but timing wise there shouldn't be any way to trigger one part but not the other.

Awakening Centre would trigger in step 4 (after passing the last piece of ICE), but it is just a regular encounter with a piece of ICE, the runner can still use paid abilities and icebreakers to interact with it (so it sort of creates another step 3).

I would have said Nasir gets the money as Awakening Centre has literally just allowed the ICE to be rezzed for this encounter (but it would be reduced by 7).

However, the FAQ is quite clear that "just rezzed" means in step 2, so no. Note that if Nasir doesn't gain any credits from encountering the ICE, he won't lose any either.

Nasir has a single ability that does two things, if its condition is met, both happen. He could gain 0 credits if that's the Ice's rez cost but timing wise there shouldn't be any way to trigger one part but not the other.

Yup.

I really wanted to like that guy but I just don't like the idea of running into a pop-up window and bouncing. There are many ways around that but I think he needs a few more tricks. Does force both players to change the way they operate though.

Order of Sol is AMAZING versus Pop-Ups and Pups.

Nasir is going to get rekt once advanceable rez cost reduced Ice comes out in O&C.

On the other hand, a deck full of advanceable ice is going to give Nasir a LOT of early game aggression capacity by running on ice before the corp is ready to rez it.

Ah, I get it with respect to Nasir. The FAQ states

• An ice is considered “just rezzed” for Nasir’s ability if it is rezzed at any time during timing structure 2 of a run.

So even though the AC ice was just rezzed, it is not considered to be just rezzed for Nasir, so none of his effects take place. Thanks!