Rules Questions; Highlight Payout and Skill Order

By Apfie, in Blood Bowl: Team Manager

Two simple rules questions; if a win a highlight where the Team Zone Payout is 2 Star Players Icons and the Central Payout is 1 Star Player Icon. Do I then;

1) Look at the top 2 Star Players from my faction and choose one, then take the top Star Player and add both of these to my Improvement Pile

2) Look at the top 3 Star Players from my faction and choose one, and put that player in my Improvement Pile

and, if i commit a player to a Highlight with both the Passing and the Tackling skill, does the order of the skill icons on the player matter? Which order do I resolve these skills in? If I want to tackle the ball carrier, can I choose to use the Tackling skill first and then use the Ball Passing skill after the ball has been dropped on the midfield to pick it up?

I tried to find the answers to these questions through the FAQ and the Message Boards but to no awail. Hope you guys can help!

Edited by Apfie

Two simple rules questions; if a win a highlight where the Team Zone Payout is 2 Star Players Icons and the Central Payout is 1 Star Player Icon. Do I then;

1) Look at the top 2 Star Players from my faction and choose one, then take the top Star Player and add both of these to my Improvement Pile

2) Look at the top 3 Star Players from my faction and choose one, and put that player in my Improvement Pile

and, if i commit a player to a Highlight with both the Passing and the Tackling skill, does the order of the skill icons on the player matter? Which order do I resolve these skills in? If I want to tackle the ball carrier, can I choose to use the Tackling skill first and then use the Ball Passing skill after the ball has been dropped on the midfield to pick it up?

I tried to find the answers to these questions through the FAQ and the Message Boards but to no awail. Hope you guys can help!

You would collect the payout for your side of the card (2 cards, keep 1). Then you would collect the payout for the central section (1 card, keep 1). See Page 14.

The manager uses the player's skills in order from left-to-right. See Page 8: Matchup Phase section.

Also Cheating is mandatory.

Edited by Avalanche Master

Thanks for the fast reply. Read the rules book cover to cover and still somehow missed these. Silly me ...

The rulebook is a little ambiguous but good clarification.

One other point is that the stadiums ADD to the Team Zone payout.. so it is not separate.

So if you had a player icon in the stadium portion, the Team Zone portion and the Central portion (and you won) then you would draw 2, draft 1 and then draw 1, draft 1 for a total of 2 cards in your improvement pile.

My copy doesn't have Stadiums...

Stadiums come in the Foul Play expansion.

Quick question. If a manager has a just one player in the team zone but is sent off for cheating, would the opposing manager (provided he had players on the other team zone) win all 3 payouts? Or would the fact you committed the fouling player guarantee you the team zone payout?

Quick question. If a manager has a just one player in the team zone but is sent off for cheating, would the opposing manager (provided he had players on the other team zone) win all 3 payouts? Or would the fact you committed the fouling player guarantee you the team zone payout?

The other player would win the 3 payouts!

Thanks for getting back to me. I've just picked this game up and loving the odd game with my nipper. Already looking at expansion packs haha

but would he win three separate payouts?

I'm thinking the two team zones would merge into one payout section and the central payout would be a second..

So if you happened to be the only participant in a matchup and each team payout zone AND the central payout zone had star player icons, you'd only draw 2, pick one (team zones) and then draw another and keep it (central payout).