Mission 1 - easy mistakes to make

By mazz0, in Imperial Assault Campaign

I've just played Mission 1 with a second group, and noticed another mistake I made first time around. My first mistake was not noticing the section of text that you read to the rebels that tells them about the six turn limit. The mistake I just noticed was not noticing the bit where you choose to EITHER make the terminals tougher or close the blast doors. First time round I did both! They still won though :)

One question ... What if I decide to close the blast door (in first mission) but I have heroes standing where the doors should be placed. Should I move the heroes ?

I believe doors come down on the line between the spaces, so you don't have to move anyone.

Exactly. Additionally if you don't close the door the red deploy point does not become active.

Exactly. Additionally if you don't close the door the red deploy point does not become active.

EXACTLY!

The yellow and red deployment **NEVER** become active - which means you can't deploy or reinforce from them - unless the rules specifically tell you so.

Huh?

It says to deploy separate from being active. I thought activating just means they get to move immediately rather than waiting till next turn. I am assuming the troopers and officer go there.

Same goes for the Yellow deployment points in Aftermath. They are only used for a single event optional deployment and nothing else. The Yellow points never become active.

Edited by Fizz