lightsabers and Jedi

By miishelle, in General Discussion

Mr Welch, In One Of His Star Wars Reviews, Brought Out That For Some Species Lighteners AreImpracticable. He Brought Out Kit Fisto, With his Head Trails Spinning Around The Straight Lightsabers Present A Larger Risk ToHim Then AHuman. Or Master Thon, The 4 Legged Jedi. IM Sure There Are Other Examples As Well,Ones That Don't Have Arms To Begin With.

So, My Question IsWhat Other Weapons Do You Think There Should Be. We've Seen Light Whips In The Legacy Comics.

They might be impractical, but that shouldn't stop you. Star Wars has always been pulpy, so there's nothing new there.

Lightwhips are almost a certain. Heck, we may even see a form of Sithcalibur. I wouldn't mind seeing a guard-shoto at some point. Marris Brood was one of my favorite EU characters, and I am disappointed that her fate was never explored.

I Know How You Feel, Kaosoe. I Didn't Think About A sithCalibur. I Hope I Spelt That Right

We are supposed to believe that, for a Jedi, their preternatural spatial awareness alleviates this risk to Kit Fisto's dreadtentacles, maybe even the Inquisitor from Rebels. In the same way that they can perceive a blaster bolt, moving at the speed of light, and put the thin saber blade in just the right alignment to deflect it, or maybe even reflect it back, they can tell where to place their saber in flashy displays of choreography. Even General Grievous, a battle-hardened warrior with every cybernetic advantage except a cough-mute, couldn't, apparently, do this, unless he was standing there, just spinning the lightsabers like shields, and NOT advancing to kill his foes. Their little "seeing events before they happen" perk allows for this use of their preferred weapon. I like to think, anyway, that the same extends to this. Double-sabers are even worse, and yet Darth Maul doesn't shred himself in training. Kit Fisto having a lightsaber, when his people live in water? That would be more impractical, and yet they made the modification, just so he could still have one.

Master Thon, I'm not sure if the Tchukthai actually used a lightsaber, much. If he did, his mouth was a better option for wielding than rearing up, like a bear, and not moving much. Maybe a TK trick, like Kreia, or something. I'd have to look, but I think he relied more on Force enhancement, and his hard skin keeping him safe, coupled with rarely fighting Sith, rather than weird monsters, like the Hssiss.

Another good example might be Master Ooroo (it's something like that), a Celegian Jedi with tentacles, instead of hands, but who needed to live in a jar, surrounded by human-lethal chemicals. Fortunately, Star Wars, like many other franchises, subscribes to the idea that most life in the universe will bear at least a vague resemblance to us, thus have arms, hands, and an ability to use the things we do.