Force move, disarming

By Dark Bunny Lord, in Game Mechanics

Ok so I'm an EOTE GM that has a force exile player with the force move power and I've got a Sith planned to encounter the party but I fear he may just use the force to instantly disarm him and then it becomes a silly game of pick up and fling away his lightsaber while the rest of the group beats him like a piƱata.

So I came here since I've yet to get the beta (thinking of just waiting for the full book since the beg inner box just released and buying both seems silly) to ask if there are any listed ways of dealing this as it's not to hard to roll either a single white pip on the force die or a black and flip a destiny point while taking some strain if that means instantly disarming the enemy.

Two ways to resist Force Move's disarm. One is kind of the default way that all Force-Sensitives can use, and it usually applies to any power that can be resisted: an opposed Discipline check. So whether the player is using Move to just disarm the Sith, or he's trying to lift him up and toss him off the cliff, it's an opposed Discipline check (the player also has to use Discipline and of course, needs the necessary amount of force points).

The other way is using a skill that both force sensitives and normal characters can use. In regards to disarming, the player uses Discipline against the enemy's Athletics (holding onto the weapon). In regards to resist being moved around, it's the player's Discipline against the enemy's Resilience (physically resisting the attempt to move them). I think the only other EotE power than can be opposed is Influence, which is probably just going to be opposed Discipline checks. Just a note on when to give the ability to resist: the book suggests that you more of just keep it to most Nemeses and any Rival that you consider important. So while the player can do whatever they want with little hassle to stormtroopers, you can consider giving them a tougher time for an important stormtrooper sergeant.

There's also the Resist Disarm talent in FaD, very useful for the duelist.

There's also the Resist Disarm talent in FaD, very useful for the duelist.

THIS!!

I wish I had this talent available to me when I had this same concern over a year ago.

I posed this same question to the Gamer Nation. You can read the thread here . Warning: The link goes to a different site. But the answers were very enlightening.

Thanks this helps a lot, just need to learn what that talent does exactly but I'll find it :)