Force lightsaber fighters spec trees and talents

By Ryu, in General Discussion

Hi

I think I saw it once but don't find it any longer.

If for example I have makashi duelist spec AND ataru striker spec can I mix the talents of both trees or do I need to use the ataru technique to utilize Saber throw and can't do that while using the Makashi technique?

Edited by Ryu

If you want to do a Hawkbat swoop you roll Agility+Lightsaber. As Hawkbat Swoop says,

tnx corrected the example with saber throw (was a bit late yesterday when I wrote it down). Saberthrow does use liughtsaber combat but doesnt state the attribute there. Also Blance would be an example there (also in ataru striker spec)

As long as it doesn't specify a specific characteristic, you can use whichever one you like/have access to when it requires a Lightsaber check. So yes, If you got the Makashi Technique and got Saber Throw from Ataru, you can use Brawn (the default), Presence (Makashi), or Agility (if you also picked up Ataru when you got the talent.

Balance does not require a specific characteristic, nor does it need your Lightsaber skill. It's entirely based on your Force Rating.

Tnx. then I had remembered it incorrectly. I was sure I read somewhere that some talents could only be used with a specific technique being used (but was a mistake then).

tnx

That's only when the Talent specifies the attribute to be used (such as Hawkbat Swoop).