claws on lightsabers

By Daeglan, in General Discussion

What if they are made of cortosis. You could use them to so a bind and shut off your opponents saber. Might make an interesting attachment.
http://www.saberforge.com/elite-sabers/venom-saber

Just treat it as like having refined cortosis gauntlets built in to the lightsaber.

Just treat it as like having refined cortosis gauntlets built in to the lightsaber.

I would say yes to that, but I would look add a rule for lightsaber beams touching. Would the disruption of the claw effect connecting lightsaber beams effectively shutting both off?

I would say no. For 2 reasons. 1. I don't think lightsaber blades work that way. and 2. if they did that would eliminate the whole point of the mod.

I guess -- I think it's force absorb or force protect that allows one to stop all types of energy. Satale uses her hand to stop a LIGHTSABER strike from Malgus. Umn I forgot but there was a force user that literally shut down lightsabers with the force...in clone wars and I think there was another...oh the Nightsisters I think in Fate of the Jedi...they could weaken the LIGHTSABER power cells making it hard for Ben and Luke when they were wondering on the planet and being tracked...Triumph or disarms could take sabers out of hands anyway.

I remember The Father did it in Clone Wars.

Me and my buddy still debate on whether Satele used the Force to block the lightsaber or if she had cortosis gauntlets (she clearly has some form of hand guards). I'm with you. It's cooler if she was strong enough in the force to block it. After all, she was a grandmaster.

I think under the description of the force power it showed that image of her blocking I can't remember where...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tutaminis

Same thing Vader did to Han on Cloud city to the blaster bolts

Edited by theclash24

^ so that being said -- you could make a rare holocron teach said Force Absorb power and make a tree for it :)

Already exists. It's the protect force power. She is clearly very deep in the tree. Likely has mastery.

Hm. My character's lightsaber has a side blade/spur for a couple of reasons

1. It can be used as a dagger.

2. It can be mistaken for a vibroblade.

3. It is an old saber.

4. It looks cooler. :P