Classic Jolly never gets old :)

By Julia, in Drakon

Great news, an insta-buy for me :) The game is superfun, so happy to see it returning in a new edition :)

Now we have Wiz-War and Drakon from FFG, and a new version of Diskwars;wondering if any other games (possibly: Cave Troll) desigend by Tom will be offered to us in a revamped edition :)

Old cave troll edition was perfect to me.

But this new one is really great. I wonder if heroes are from descent, or usable in it, like Dungeonquest heroes ?

Dungeonquest Revised edition no longer provides hero stat cards for Runebound, Descent, and Rune Wars… and given that there's no mention of those games on the front of the box (Dungeonquest etc. used to have a seal indicating that the game was set in the Runebound universe, or something to that effect) or any reference to Terrinoth in the write-up, then my guess would be that the heroes won't be usable in other games.

I hope I'm wrong.

Then I would made myself the heroes sheets for descent

Great news, an insta-buy for me :) The game is superfun, so happy to see it returning in a new edition :)

Agreed! I have an old copy of 2E Drakon that's looking very dated now. I think it's high time for an upgrade. =)

wondering if any other games (possibly: Cave Troll) desigend by Tom will be offered to us in a revamped edition :)

Wouldn't mind seeing a new edition of Cave Troll myself. Never bought the older one, but it looks like fun. =)

Dungeonquest Revised edition no longer provides hero stat cards for Runebound, Descent, and Rune Wars… and given that there's no mention of those games on the front of the box (Dungeonquest etc. used to have a seal indicating that the game was set in the Runebound universe, or something to that effect) or any reference to Terrinoth in the write-up, then my guess would be that the heroes won't be usable in other games.

I hope I'm wrong.

I agree that it seems highly unlikely there would be any official cross-promotion for these hero figs. I think that idea kind of backfired on FFG when they were heavily cross-promoting Runebound, Rune Wars, Descent (1E) and DQ3 like that.

Not in terms of fan backlash (there was little, if any, that I was aware of,) but in terms of it costing more than it brought in to create matching content across multiple game lines.

However, I do expect the figures will be in the same scale as the Descent 2E hero figures, so enterprising homebrewers will be more than capable of "using" these guys in Descent if they want to. =)

I agree that it seems highly unlikely there would be any official cross-promotion for these hero figs. I think that idea kind of backfired on FFG when they were heavily cross-promoting Runebound, Rune Wars, Descent (1E) and DQ3 like that.

Not in terms of fan backlash (there was little, if any, that I was aware of,) but in terms of it costing more than it brought in to create matching content across multiple game lines.

However, I do expect the figures will be in the same scale as the Descent 2E hero figures, so enterprising homebrewers will be more than capable of "using" these guys in Descent if they want to. =)

That too bad, I think it was one of the better idea I saw so far. Each game would provide some sort of "expansion" from one to another, and would have create a single giant game universe !

That too bad, I think it was one of the better idea I saw so far. Each game would provide some sort of "expansion" from one to another, and would have create a single giant game universe !

I agree. It was a cool idea for building the Terrinoth setting at multiple levels of scale.

Drakon was never officially part of the Terrinoth collection, though. There was an implied connection by virtue of recycling the same figures in 3rd edition, but the characters were never referred to by name, for example. I guess with Drakon 4th they had to decide whether or not to officially roll Drakon into the Terrinoth franchise, and evidently they chose not to.

Edited by Steve-O

I hope the game will be avalaible soon, I can't wait to play a game that doesn't stinks !