Scenario Numbering

By ColtsFan76, in Battlelore

With the new Troll Scenario posted, I guess we can finally sort out the numbering issue.

#51 was the last DOW posted scenario.

The two scenarios for the Troll were not numbered but they can assumed to be #52 and #53.

The new scenarios is posted as #54.

That means the GTM scenarios are not part of the "continuity." For those keeping score at home....

Or it could be that FFG might not been aware of the 3 scenarios in the Game Trade Magazine.

But it sure would be nice to know what, if any, numbers they might be assigned. Since we do know the ones

in GTM were designed by Richard.

Cab

I've never used the troll. Is it good?

FFG placed the information about the Troll on the support site.

Definitely a different creature than the others in the fact that it does take multiple hits to kill it plus has the ability to regenerate.

Cab

Regenerate? Interesting. How does that work?

6D!?!?! Are you kidding. He must cost a lot! That's insane. He'd just clober every one. I bet he sure would be a target for archers though.

Hiho!

The troll costs just 1 token in the war council. Never attack him in close combat!
If you attack him and he gets one hit, maby two, he will be regenerated after his counter strike with 6d. It's horrible!

I killed him once with the crossbow dwarves and the eagle eye card, after I played the card "Darken Sky" (Don't know the name of this command card in English, because I'm just playing in German). Was it luck? I guess...

<p>6D!?!?! Are you kidding. He must cost a lot! That's insane. He'd just clober every one. I bet he sure would be a target for archers though.</p>

True. Didn't see that he doesnt hit on a sowrd and shield. Still, that's pretty powerfull.

Hi guys. Where can I find the GTM scenario's?

kilrah said:

HonorforONEFilms said:

<p>6D!?!?! Are you kidding. He must cost a lot! That's insane. He'd just clober every one. I bet he sure would be a target for archers though.</p>

Actually that is WEAKER then the Hill Giant. 6D, but only hitting on Helmets. Basically same as 3D, but hitting on helmet and sword/shield. The difference is that he can gain lore easier with the 6Ds.

Flags can be lethal as well within those 6D - possibly a good "bold" buster if used in conjunction with other forces - but I'm certainly in agreement with you, kilrah: When it comes the creatures, the Hill Giant is the monster ;)

And as mentioned above, keep that troll shielded from ranged attacks, especially crossbows or longbows...those will eat that troll up.

Kluuetje said:

Hi guys. Where can I find the GTM scenario's?

They were copied over to BattleLoremaster in case DOW takes down their site.

http://battleloremaster.com/adventures_official.html

Scroll to the bottom.

toddrew said:

kilrah said:

HonorforONEFilms said:

Actually that is WEAKER then the Hill Giant. 6D, but only hitting on Helmets. Basically same as 3D, but hitting on helmet and sword/shield. The difference is that he can gain lore easier with the 6Ds.

Flags can be lethal as well within those 6D - possibly a good "bold" buster if used in conjunction with other forces - but I'm certainly in agreement with you, kilrah: When it comes the creatures, the Hill Giant is the monster ;)

And as mentioned above, keep that troll shielded from ranged attacks, especially crossbows or longbows...those will eat that troll up.

Even though the Hill Giant might be better in close combat, the Hill Giant only takes one kill to take out vs the minimum of 3 hits for the Troll. So I think that balances out on that end too.

Cab

So theres a troll hill giant and the earth element?