Booze in paper bags

By mazz0, in X-Wing Off-Topic

Yo Americans,

What's the deal with booze in paper bags? Is that a real thing, or just something they do on telly? If it's real, what's it about? A hangup from the prohibition days? Is it a legal requirement?

Hmm, I might make a G&T...

Yes, that is a real thing.

It is a hold over from prohibition but also public morality- you can do it but we do not want to see it. Some towns it is law to have any alcoholic beverage in a plain bag for the same reasons. wineblog.org.brown_bag_bottle.png

It also provides with a bit of insulation and grip to keep from dropping your drink. It is a 'thing' among the thugs to cover their two-by-four(24 ounce), just to show they are tough or something.
tumblr_mc24aqnLAt1ritufqo1_500.jpg

...I know what you got there, malt liqueur!

Edited by LordCole

Hmm. Seems it would be counterproductive. Making people feel like they're doing something wrong when they're just buying a drink can't be good for their psyche.

Or you can try looking badass drinking your coke with a paper bag around the bottle.

It's illegal to drink in public but so many people do it the cops cant possibly jail them all so they reached a compromise as long as you couldn't see the bottle they turned a blind eye to it.

It's illegal to drink in public but so many people do it the cops cant possibly jail them all so they reached a compromise as long as you couldn't see the bottle they turned a blind eye to it.

I see what you did there!

Edited by Robin Graves

I see what YOU did there!

not-sure-if-i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

:D

not-sure-if-i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

:D

I did not do anything, busy Googling a bacon topic to fit this subject...

So I am going with:

bacon_booze.jpg

and for a non-alcoholic choice:

bacon-diet-coke.jpg

That diet coke bacon... That's not with vegan bacon is it? :)

That diet coke bacon... That's not with vegan bacon is it? :)

Most bacon is actually made of vegans, so yes.

Wait bacon cola is a thing, the world really is a beautiful place.

Speaking of bacon cola, has anyone tried Twiglets and Chocolate? I had some Dairy Milk yesterday shortly after eating Twiglets, and there was a yummy flavour, so I tried mixing them together and it really works.

Ah, so is it only about /drinking/ in public? If you're just carrying it, closed, does it not have to be in a bag then?

Speaking of bacon cola, has anyone tried Twiglets and Chocolate? I had some Dairy Milk yesterday shortly after eating Twiglets, and there was a yummy flavour, so I tried mixing them together and it really works.

Ah, so is it only about /drinking/ in public? If you're just carrying it, closed, does it not have to be in a bag then?

In my town, yes, it does have to be bagged.

Edited by LordCole