Squad Building Help

By JGrand, in X-Wing Squad Lists

Hello all,

New-ish player here looking for advice. I'm thinking about going to the X-Wing Store Championships in January and wanted to get some feedback on list ideas I have.

I'm familiar with the state of the meta, and while I don't expect to do exceptionally well in my first event, I'd like to have a chance against Fat Hans, Phantoms, Swarms, Decimators, and Dash lists. I've experimented with using Dash, but I was a bit concerned with the range one donut that can be exploited. I did, however, enjoy playing with Corran Horn.

Corran Horn--PtL, FCS, R2-D2, Shield Upgrade----48

Dagger Squadron Pilot--FCS----26

Dagger Squadron Pilot--FCS----26

Total: 100

Alternatively, I could tweak the list to gain Ion Cannons for some control.

Corran Horn--PtL, FCS, R2-D2----44

Blue Squadron Pilot--FCS, Ion Cannon----27

Blue Squadron Pilot--FCS, Ion Cannon----27

Total: 98

Any advice as to whether or not the lists are viable, which list is better, and any potential tweaks/concerns are welcome! Thanks!

The first list looks pretty solid, but it borders on too many points sunk into Corran, IMHO. Still, that's one helluva survivable ship. Three (or four) attacks at three dice should be enough for most lists, but swarms and possibly Fat Hans will give you trouble.

In the second list, I would drop the FCS on both blues and add the E2 mod and Tactician. That is one killer B-Wing, with the ability to ionize and stress in a single shot. Stress can really kill SuperDashes, Fat Hans, Phantoms, and Decimators with Expose and EI, since they rely so much on actions and/or mobility. Throw in an ion so that they can't clear that stress, and you've got a major advantage.

Edited by Ailowynn

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback! Is Tactician really worthwhile? It seems like it would be difficult to ensure range two.

Tactician makes your opponents fly differently, and anytime they fly differently and out of their comfort zone, you're at an advantage.

And if they don't fly differently, tactician will make them pay.

Edited by Bloodstripe Baron