License to Vrill

By stmack, in X-Wing Squad Lists

Not a fan of ships that cost more than a third of your list total so I've been trying out different squads that make use of the new YT-2400 within that rule and have come up with the following as my favourite so far:

Eaden Vrill [intelligence Agent] (33)

Dagger Squadron Pilot [b-Wing/E2, Tactician] (27)

Tarn Mison [R3-A2] (25)

Prototype Pilot [Chardaan Refit] (15)

Originally was running Biggs instead of the Dagger with a Flechette on Tarn and a Tactical Jammer on Vrill as well but decided I really needed a second source of stress aside from Tarn and that without Biggs the ships would be more independent.

The ability to have the Dagger and Tarn shoot first and apply stress, especially when it's to the same ship has proved to be great, not only for getting Vrill a more powerful attack but also for control. The threat of double stress not only shuts down action dependent ships hard but makes them wary of using PTL or EI or even K-turning some times, especially with Vrill on the board.

Finally somewhat a separate entity outside of the above trio, the 15pt Proto is probably my favourite ship to include in rebel lists. I always try to fit in at least one for blocking purposes which is an underrated form of control I find. You have Intel Agent in there as well with 3/4 ships having boost or barrel roll and you can really mess with your opponents plans.

Blocking in this list can be great to keep guys in your arcs, keep that at R2 for Tactician to trigger, or even keep them in R1 to finish ships off.

Have been having quite a bit of success with this list so far, wondering what your guys thoughts on it are. What you like, what you don't like and what you think could be improved.

Thanks.

Edited by stmack

Vrill + Lando + Experimental Interface

2XDagger +tactician+enhanced scopes

Those daggers also have ion cannons

sorry

Hmm I like R3 better than a second Tactitian, it's more reliable giving out stress

B-wings are easy to keep at range two. Ion to lock them up and Vrill to hit hard.

Seems fun and durable. It's tough to beat tarn with R7 for late game though