Grimm vs Changeling

By TalkingMuffin, in Grimm RPG

I have a TON of New World of Darkness books, to include just about every Changeling: The Lost supplement. I love the ST System and the Changeling setting's cool, but it's too detailed (if that can be a problem). Modern games tend to wear a little thin as you really can't cut loose and even with the Hedge of C:tL it's still clunky for me. I don't want to have a junk-ton of rules and reading to do. I want a setting that's detailed, but not overly so. A system that's fast and easy, but not childish. I LOVE Labyrinth, Pan's Labyrinth, Mirrormask, Neverwhere and a slew of others. Grimm seems as if it's got potential to dethrone C:tL as the best (only?) game to fill my need for a fairytale. I know I'm not really explaining this as well I'd like, but I think I'm making my point well enough for you experts to get it. At least, I hope so.

Nobody, huh?

I have both games, and I like them both very much. I do not understand why do you want to choose one over the other.

Honestly, as much as I love the NWoD it's hell finding players who actually read and get involved enough to get into all the nuances of the game. Will Grimm be a "fix"? I dunno'. I guess I'm trying to make a comparison to something I know I like to see if Grimm's for me.

Indeed it is way harder teaching players to learn the nWod rules so that they can play C:TL "properly", but they are usually also more eager to learn them because the "rewards" are bigger(That is, they can then play more games)

Sadly, too many players don't seem to want to put the effort I do into the game. I am very lucky to have a bad-ass DH player who's brought a lot to the table.

The players do not agree to put in the "effort" required to learn Grimm?!

This game takes thirty seconds to learn... If you are retarded...

It's about the simplest out there that is not freeform.

No, I meant C:tL, not Grimm. I don't have Grimm. Only one other person's even remotely interested in playing it. Maybe it's the kid angle? I dunno'.

They don't have to play "kids", necessarily. Me, I'd run the characters at around 11-13, puberty, and play up the adult inuendo many faerie tales possess ... take advantage of the confusion that comes with going through the early teens. (i.e. Express the sexuality and sensuality of villains/villianesses; have both the brave princes and wicked kings show lecherous interest in the girls; the innocence wolves crave is akin to virginity and perhaps they can smell a girl's moon blood. [menstration]; monsters appeal to the boys' budding sexual desires to manipulate them; they receive divergent signals about whether sex is "good" or "filthy"; etc.)

Your players must be super mature and serious. I envy you.