Not bad...

By AdOzzel, in Star Wars: Empire vs. Rebellion

I bought this game for my 8-year old son and we like it a lot.

This is his first time playing a card game like this, so for now, we are treating the Resource Cards like they have no text and just drawing cards to hit the resource value of the Event Cards without going over.

This is reinforcing my son's math skills while having fun. When we get to the point when we start using the text on the cards I'm sure this will enhance his strategic thinking as well. I am also hoping the game will peak his interest in other card games. I see this as sort of a "gateway" game for my son. He is getting used to using different decks at different times, shuffling cards, and learning about the "flow" of the game by focusing on the phases.

The game cost only 15 bucks, it's something my son and I can do together for fun, he's using his brain, and it may lead to him playing more strategic card games. This is a win in my book.

Edited by AdOzzel

I agree--this is a great little two player game with simple rules and the opportunity for some interesting strategies once you get into it. Well worth the price; it's a keeper!

Possibly the theme will also look fancier for the younger ones than the origina cold war theme. Happy your son likes the game :)

My twin brother and I got to play countless games of this while camping out for the opening ceremonies at Star Wars Celebration VII. I liked it a lot. There are a lot of choices to be made and some neat surprise moves. Best of all, it doesn't require players to memorize a lot of cards like the LCG does, so it was easy for my brother to play. Even though he was brand new to the game, he beat me the first two games. I like that it puts players on a level playing field.

I bought this game for my 8-year old son and we like it a lot.

This is his first time playing a card game like this, so for now, we are treating the Resource Cards like they have no text and just drawing cards to hit the resource value of the Event Cards without going over.

This is reinforcing my son's math skills while having fun. When we get to the point when we start using the text on the cards I'm sure this will enhance his strategic thinking as well. I am also hoping the game will peak his interest in other card games. I see this as sort of a "gateway" game for my son. He is getting used to using different decks at different times, shuffling cards, and learning about the "flow" of the game by focusing on the phases.

The game cost only 15 bucks, it's something my son and I can do together for fun, he's using his brain, and it may lead to him playing more strategic card games. This is a win in my book.

I love everything about this post!!