Original Talisman

By dax4, in Talisman

Does anyone know where I can get a first edition of Talisman? Or at what cost?

I'm looking for an intact box and board to replace one that I destroyed, i.e. missing pieces is not a problem I just want to get my hands on an original box and board.

Thx

Dax said:

Does anyone know where I can get a first edition of Talisman? Or at what cost?

I'm looking for an intact box and board to replace one that I destroyed, i.e. missing pieces is not a problem I just want to get my hands on an original box and board.

Thx

Although I have never sought out First Edition, I would assume it to be difficult to find as I seem to remember it being a small print run. I don't remember ever seeing First Edition on eBay.

I am wondering about your desire for First Edition rather than Second Edition. I guess the First Edition could be good for color blind players, not letting all that pesky color get in the way ...

demonio.gif

Wow. Thats funny, because i just talked to my father about board games and he pulled from the dust (lol) Talisman. the first edition(in french). But i tough i saw it somewhere else and then, i see that FFG is goind to release a new version.

Malechi said:

I am wondering about your desire for First Edition rather than Second Edition. I guess the First Edition could be good for color blind players, not letting all that pesky color get in the way ...

demonio.gif

I destroyed my girlfriend's copy of first edition Talisman so I would like to replace it, as it has sentimental value for her. But I don't remember it having no colours, maybe it was the second edition after all.

Check out the World Tour pages at Talisman Island. There are examples of all editions of the game so far, so you'll be able to see exactly what it was that you destroyed! sorpresa.gif

Dax said:

I destroyed my girlfriend's copy of first edition Talisman so I would like to replace it, as it has sentimental value for her. But I don't remember it having no colours, maybe it was the second edition after all.

Sorry for the bad news, but I checked the board art for 4th vs. 2nd edition, and they're not the same. You could try opening a BoardGameGeek.com account and seeing if anyone will trade or sell their copy.

ced1106 said:

... You could try opening a BoardGameGeek.com account and seeing if anyone will trade or sell their copy.

Trade is possible, but most of the BGG people like their games and know their worth. I would definitely search Talisman Island as TI mentioned, you can find exactly what you lost and not replace the wrong version! After you know exactly what you're looking for hit up eBay searches as the Talisman base game is nearly always represented and usually at a fair price (the expansions are another story) .

My 1st Edition board folds and is not the puzzle-piece board as in the 2nd Edition.The box has differing artwork.I have a spare 2nd Ed' board (which oddly came with a copy of DungeonQuest I bought long ago on eBay) if that would help you.The Adventure cards on my 1E set are not colored in as is the 2nd.Look at the Adv' cards and you should know the version.Hope this helps you.

Very few difference (game mechanics) between 1st/2nd and the "new" edition. Look this topic.

buy now a 2nd edition it's only for vintage collectors.

There's a store here in Westminster (Denver), Colorado that has a used copy of Talisman 2nd edition, with no expansions. The store is called Black & Read. Not sure for how much though. I personally have the entire 2nd edition with all expansions.

I have the 1st edition + all the expansions.

Unfortunately the original box died long ago but I still have the board and all the (black and white) cards.

The 2nd edition was virtually identical except for a new box and the colouring in of the cards.

Yes, there were a couple of small differences between 1st and 2nd Edition -

compare_wand.gif

compare_command_spell.gif

Yeah there is still a sealed new copy of Talisman V2 at a games store I frequent. Always wanna pick it up, but it costs AU$150.

I have a 2nd edition unplayed with the fold style board. The tokens are not pressed out of the card, but the cards are.