Sorceress Convent

By joecana, in Warhammer Invasion Rules Questions

Sorceress Convent

[Action: When an opponent discards one or more cards from his hand, deal 1 damage to that player’s capital (you choose which zone).]

Case 1, with Beastlord Rakarth

[Limit one Hero per zone. Action: When this unit attacks, put a random card from the defending player’s hand facedown as a development into the defending zone.]

When Beastlord Rakarth attacks, could I trigger Sorceress Convent?

Case 2, with Raiding ships

[Action: When this card enters play, draw a card. Action: When you play a (Dark Elf) non-attachment support card from your hand, discard a card at random from an opponent’s hand if a unit is questing here.]

Currently, I have

1 Sorceress Convent at Kingdom zone

2 Raiding ships at Quest zone, both cards have Units questing on them

At this moment, I play the 2nd Sorceress Convent from my hand, could I trigger in below sequence?

1. Play 2nd Sorceress Convent from hand.

2. Trigger 1st Raiding ship action, discard opponent's 1 card

3. Trigger both Sorceress Convent to dealt 2 damages to opponent's capital.

4. Trigger 2nd Raiding ship action, discard opponent's 2nd card

5. Trigger both Sorceress Convent to dealt 2 damages to opponent's capital.

Total dealt 4 damages to capital.

Thanks a lot.

Hi and merry christmas,

for Case 1, you don't get to trigger the Convent, since your opponent doesn't discard a card.

For Case 2, you will deal a total of 4 damage to the capital, but the exact sequence is a bit different, with step 3 and 4 exchanged (not that it matters in this case):

3. Trigger 2nd Raiding ship action, discard opponent's 2nd card
4. Trigger both Sorceress Convent to dealt 2 damages to opponent's capital.

It happens in this order since you have to declare a triggered effect in the very first action window after its trigger condition.

Hope this helps.

Maik

Sorceress Convent
[Action: When an opponent discards one or more cards from his hand, deal 1 damage to that player’s capital (you choose which zone).]

Case 1, with Beastlord Rakarth
[Limit one Hero per zone. Action: When this unit attacks, put a random card from the defending player’s hand facedown as a development into the defending zone.]

When Beastlord Rakarth attacks, could I trigger Sorceress Convent?

Case 2, with Raiding ships
[Action: When this card enters play, draw a card. Action: When you play a (Dark Elf) non-attachment support card from your hand, discard a card at random from an opponent’s hand if a unit is questing here.]

Currently, I have
1 Sorceress Convent at Kingdom zone
2 Raiding ships at Quest zone, both cards have Units questing on them

At this moment, I play the 2nd Sorceress Convent from my hand, could I trigger in below sequence?

3. Trigger both Sorceress Convent to dealt 2 damages to opponent's capital.
4. Trigger 2nd Raiding ship action, discard opponent's 2nd card
Total dealt 4 damages to capital.

Thanks a lot.

Regarding 1), just to clarify, if the effect doesn't say discard, it isn't considered a discard effect, even if it does remove a card from the hand.

Regarding 2), Maik's answer isn't quite correct. Raiding Ships triggers when a support card is played, not when it enters play.

1. Play second Convent. This Convent is not in play yet, you just announce that you're playing it and pay the costs.

2. Trigger first Raiding Ships in response. The effect doesn't resolve yet, you just announce you're using it.

3. Trigger second Raiding Ships in response. The effect doesn't resolve yet, you just announce you're using it.

No further Actions are added to the chain, so it resolves back to front. Your opponent discards one card, then another, then the second Convent enters play. Now the Action of the first Convent can go twice on the next Action chain and you'll deal 1 damage each then, but the second Convent wasn't in play at the times the cards were discarded, therefore its Action couldn't be triggered.