Morality and a missed opportunity.

By Tucker Ghost, in General Discussion

TL;DR the struggle is real.

Yeah, that's a popular notion (dark side balances the light), but as you infer, it doesn't really jive with what we know of the dark side and also the propehy of the Chosen One. The main thrust of the prophecy was that this person would destroy the Sith, and by so doing would bring balance to the Force.

Examples of "dark side as balance" or "dark side as a natural counterpart" are popular in Star Wars Legends, but usually these philosophies are spun by Sith and the like :)

:P Edited by Chortles

I once suggested that the movies were Rebellion and Jedi propaganda. History is written by the victors after all.

Never got round to writing the "true story". But it did make fun conversation.

I once suggested that the movies were Rebellion and Jedi propaganda. History is written by the victors after all.

Never got round to writing the "true story". But it did make fun conversation.

preferred

* Pablo Hidalgo's " ooops, gotta have a happy ending even in the face of SCIENCE " alone with regards to the Endor Holocaust was reason enough for me to accept the reboot.

Or perhaps Luke could be in a mental institution in Cleveland and the whole story is all in his mind.

Or perhaps Luke could be in a mental institution in Cleveland and the whole story is all in his mind.

I have always viewed that the Sith and the Jedi are Force Traditions and not the Force itself.

Good and evil has nothing to do with the Force, its the wielder that decides that and neither should they be linked to the light or dark side because anyone can be good or evil whilst only in Star Wars is someone wielding the dark side considered evil and wielding the light as good although they obviously never read the Star Wars Dark Horse comics! :P

A Player gets to decide what he wants his character to do, as far as I'm concerned they can be a dark sider whose focused on trying to return to the light, unaware their greatest nemesis is a light sider who makes Palpatine look benevolent hey that's a GMNPC for you! ;)

I always pictured that the Vader that killed the younglings was a clone of Anakin that Obi killed on Mustafar forcing Palpatine to try and use that ritual he spoke of in ROTS to allow Vader to possess Anakin's body only it failed.

This would remove the greatest of Anakin's worst crimes but not what he did in the intervening two decades, still have a hard time understanding why he became a force spirit if he didn't have the necessary training though!