First play experience

By Leveton, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

I got my core set on Wednesday, and last night I was able to run the tutorial for three players. Jyn Odan's Quick Draw ability was the difference-maker. Twice I was within an activation of interacting with a terminal, and Jyn shot down my guy at the start of his activation. Likewise, Diala Pasil's Precise Strike and reach put me in spots where Jyn only needed one damage to kill a figure. So they were the MVPs of the tutorial.

I knew it was really good, but I still underestimated how good the Imperial Officer's Order is. It was what turned Jyn's quick draws into mission-deciding rolls. If I'd had the full four players, giving me the E-Web, I probably would have tried to defeat one of the heroes as my win condition, rather than trying to sneak my guys to the terminal.

Be forewarned, the game is a little setup intensive, so there will need to be breaks any time you're changing maps. I wanted to run a skirmish with someone who got their late, but we didn't want to spend all the time it would take to set up a new map and go over goals, so we just pulled out one of my old Star Wars Miniatures maps and went with a kill-em-all scenario using the starter squads. It took two full rounds to even get within range to attack.

Isn't Jyn's Quickdraw only if she is the target of the attack?

Isn't Jyn's Quickdraw only if she is the target of the attack?

No. When an enemy figure activates. Can be anyone (limited to 1/turn).

True for both Skirmish and Campaign.

Edited by Hida77

Good to know! Thank you