New Doom Campaign

By Interceptor2, in Doom

I just completed a brand new Doom campaign titled Jupiter Rising . This campaign consists of six-scenarios and it comes in at a whopping 36-pages, including maps.

To download this campaign, go to my photobucket page at: http://s337.photobucket.com/albums/n400/BarbarianWanderer/ . Under my albums you'll see a folder titled Jupiter Rising . This folder contains all 36-pages of this campaign. Simply click on a page, click the full size option, and save and/or print the page. You'll also see a folder in my albums titled Doom Missions . This folder contains the Doom scenario Congo that I previously made if anyone is interested in that scenario.

While you're checking out Jupiter Rising , take a look at some of my painted Doom miniatures while visiting my photobucket page.

Once you get a look at the campaign, I'd appreciate any feedback, comments, suggestions, etc. Thanks and enjoy!

Well...first, I'd like to say you have some incredible talent with those miniatures! PM me your address and I'll send you mine so you can paint them as well :) j/k

I am just getting into Doom and really appreciate the fan based content created by everyone. I would love to download your campaign for future use, but the image files are a bit small. I think people will have a difficult time reading/using them. Would it be possible to upload larger files?

I shall test it to see if it's any good vs...

The Director

The Director is this AI thing for the invaders so I can play solo. Pretty fun, specially since this director is my laptop, old friend.

Is it a must to have 3 marines? Is it possible to play with 1?

I suppose you could play the campaign with less than three marines, though I imagine it would be pretty hard. However, I would encourage players to "tweak" the scenarios to fit their gaming group.

To address swgod98's comment about the size of the pages as they appear on photobucket...when you click on a page in photobucket, if you drag your curser over the picture, you should see an option near the upper left of the picture that reads "full size." Clicking on this enlarges the picture. When the picture is enlarged in this fashion, it is nearly as big as a standard piece of paper. This should help with reading the scenarios.

Thanks for the comments...I look forward to further input once you have a chance to read through the campaign in more detail.

Awesomely well, done. Thanks for your efforts!

this is great!

I'll playtest it this summer with my group gran_risa.gif

I've had a look and this looks fantasic... THANK YOU for all the hard work. We look forward to playing it :)

I hope everyone enjoys this campaign. I would appreciate any playtest feedback. I was actually only able to play through the first three scenarios, so the last three have not been playtested. Hopefully I didn't overlook anything too major. If so, let me know.

There's too many white invaders in the first scenario. A single marine game, specially if the marine is red, would result in 8 spawns for zombies in the first room.

Yes, there are times when the rules of a given scenario contradict the standard Boardgame rules. This is typically addressed in the text of the scenario. In the first scenario, the fact that there are a lot of zombies is balanced by the fact that the invader player cannot spawn additional invaders, and he only has access to a handful of invader deck cards. The scenarios are designed to be played with a group of three marines, so if you're playing with less than three, adjust the number of invaders as you see fit.

I'd love to check this out, but photobucket is blocked at my work. Any chance you can PDF these and upload to BGG?

-shnar

I'll see what I can do. BGG has been giving me problems. When I go there, I'm already logged in, but when I try to upload something, it keeps saying my password is incorrect, which it is not. I even created a whole new account, ensuring I had the login and password absolutely down, and it did the same thing. Ticks me off. Anyway, I'll try again. Alternately, most local libraries or coping centers have computers you can use.

Thought I'd comment on my own post to keep this thread alive on the boards a bit longer. For all the work I put into this campaign, I want it to be accesible to others for a while. Anyone played through some or all of the campaign yet? For fans of the 1980s, anyone care to venture a guess as to where I pulled my inspiration for the campaign finale?

I am really glad you made this. I just bought the game to play with my 2 kids and I want to get as many campaigns as possible.

Great work on the campaign and on the paint job for the figures. Keep them coming man. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Hope you enjoy the campaign...might want to preview some of the scenarios before playing it with your kiddos, depending on their age. Some of the scenario text is fairly graphic. Anyway, I'm looking for feedback from people who have played through the whole campaign. Please review it on these boards if you get a chance. Thanks!

Any way you could put all this into a .pdf for us? And post the file at BGG?

I'm starting to think I'd like to create a Doom: Campaigns book, a compilation of the good fan-created missions. There are some good ones and it'd be nice if we had a compiled PDF of all of them :)

-shnar

What about my standalone scenarios? Will you stick them in the group as well?

I took everything from here and BGG and put it in a huge FFG folder of mine. And, yeah, Eki, there definitely are yours and Tibs' among them :)

That's the idea, Knuckles, Tibbs, Interceptors, etc. I would just want to reformat the presentation into something a little nicer is all, but having 30+ fan-built missions in one location I think would be very cool :)

-shnar

I'd like to see that, and don't forget to put our names in our maps.