(Lesser) Xenos Character Guide

By LodgeBlackman99, in Rogue Trader House Rules

Elavion: That is a good point, I didn't explicitly add rules clarifying that the reason why it's so expensive is that by moving via telekinesis the ship is almost undetectable as there is no need for plasma drives to be firing and thus renders it functionally invisible. I left it rather obtuse so that GMs could assign whatever bonuses they wanted, but I didn't make it clear enough that that was the intent, so thank you for the heads up! I'll begin working out how best to re-word the talent to better reflect it's cost.

Hello again to all, yet another thread it's been a while since I've posted in and I come with good news. I've been working for the past few weeks on a major revision to the Xenos Character Guide and it is now available for those who are interested and it can be found here . Changes include:

• Graphical update of all images in the guide and the cover.
  • Grammatical errors corrected throughout guide.
  • Clarifications of what is official and unofficial lore added.
  • Lore of Hrud, Nicassar, and Demiurg edited.
  • New gear added to each race's starting gear section
  • New talents and gear added to Rak'Gol, new gear added to Demiurg.
  • Voidship Locomotion talent re-written and reclarified.

I also posted some minor revisions to the Eldar Character Guide earlier this month and will be doing some minor revisions to the Tyranid Character Guide and Necron Character Guide as well. After that is completed I'll begin work on a major overhaul of the Abhuman Character Guide.

Are there any other lesser Xenos races that people might like to see in the future? Once the guides have all been successfully re-edited it'll be a bit easier to add new content. Additionally, if anyone has any feedback or notices anything out of place feel free to let me know here or via email. Hope everyone enjoys the new revision!

Edit: Just reworded the Nicassar entry again, realized that the first paragraph was awkwardly worded. New-new revision is up now!

Edited by LodgeBlackman99
Link has changed, updating for convenience

Happy Halloween everyone! I just finished a minor revision of the Xenos Character Guide.

Happy Halloween everyone! Today includes a minor update to the Xenos Character guide. Changes include:

• Minor change in the Rak Gol's Integrated Enhancement talent now grants additional armor instead of the Machine Trait talent.

​As always any feedback is always appreciated!

Love the guides, and my current fixation is on the Necron one. As such, I think I should mention a few things:

1. you forgot the Particle weapons (i.e, caster/beamer), they're in the Tome of Fate.

2. The Cryptek powers seem rather underwhelming and there aren't too many of them (not your fault, GW only made two each), I'd suggest inventing a few more.

3. A few bits of wargear were left out (sempiternal weave, a few things from dawn of war dark crusade and thus useful but of questionable authenticity, etc.),

I recommend you take a look at the lexicanum.

Keep up the character guides, man, you do them pretty well from what I hear and I enjoy reading them.

Love the new updated guides! Quick thing, though, don't you think the Rak'gol should have the machine trait once they hit legends of the expanse level?

Like InquisitorCalinx said, I've just added a bunch of new updates to the Xenos Character Guide, it now includes rules for play up to 50,000 XP. Check it out at the link in the first post!

On 11/9/2015 at 4:40 PM, InquistiorCalinx said:

Love the guides, and my current fixation is on the Necron one. As such, I think I should mention a few things:

1. you forgot the Particle weapons (i.e, caster/beamer), they're in the Tome of Fate.

2. The Cryptek powers seem rather underwhelming and there aren't too many of them (not your fault, GW only made two each), I'd suggest inventing a few more.

3. A few bits of wargear were left out (sempiternal weave, a few things from dawn of war dark crusade and thus useful but of questionable authenticity, etc.),

I recommend you take a look at the lexicanum.

Keep up the character guides, man, you do them pretty well from what I hear and I enjoy reading them.

1) I actually left those things out because their stats in Black Crusade don't quite match up to their stats in Deathwatch, and I'm trying to keep it focused on the first three lines in terms of balance. I might eventually go back through and convert some things backwards, though honestly it will probably be a while!

2) They're just copied out of Deathwatch, and I added in some restrictions and activation times to balance them out for player usage. I think they're all covered but I'll double check next time I'm doing a large revision and might add in something new.

3) I thought about going through and adding in Dawn of War wargear, but it would require a LOT of work since I'd probably want to add in that kind of stuff for all the playable races in DoW. I honestly just don't have the time to commit to that at the moment.

11 hours ago, InquistiorCalinx said:

Love the new updated guides! Quick thing, though, don't you think the Rak'gol should have the machine trait once they hit legends of the expanse level?

I thought about that, but after checking the various Rak'Gol in the Koronus Bestiary, none of them actually have Machine Trait, just Implanted Armor. To keep the Career Path in line with that I left it as simply better natural armor enhancements.

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it, it helps immensely with creating the guides. Hope you enjoy the new revisions and happy gaming!