Some miniature moulds very weak. Probe Droid in particular.

By Kaben, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Hi all,

Recieved my copy of IA yesterday ( im in the UK).

Would just reccomend that anyone who is picking up the game get some plastic miniature glue in readiness. All three of my probe droid minis were broken from their bases on arival. The cable on the E-Web mini is very fragile too and one of those were broken. Upon inspection of the Probe Droids, the plastic looks "bubbly" around the contact points with the bases so i may have just recieved a bad batch. Now that i have glued them they feel very solid enough.

In addition, although the construiction of the At-ST is supposed to be toolless, you may need a craft knife to trim some moulding lines to get it to fit together. You still wont need glue, but you may need to trim some bits.

All in all the mouldings are very good and it will only take a short time to remove the mould lines from the models before painting.

I think you may have had a bad batch. Glad the glue got it sorted. Agree on the ST though, that fromt gun turret is nigh on impossible to slot in!

Agreed , probe were OK on my copy but AT gun turret not as pic, lugs on main body and not even, holes on turret that are not the same size as lugs. The pic clearly shows lugs on turret. Very difficult and guns in danger of damage when you attempt to prise in with help from flat blade screwdriver. I can see some injuries if using a tool and it slips or breakages if you dont . FFG need to quality review this and offer advice / video on how to assemble especially for those with little modelling or practical skills.