Beginner Box question

By JoinTheDarkSide, in General Discussion

Does the Beginner Box typically come out before, after or the same time as the Core Rule Book?

-JTDS

Usually before

If they follow their usual pattern somewhere around March April May. With June July for the Core book and an Adventure at Gencon.

The AoR beginner box was released in late April, and the AoR core rulebook coming out in early July. The EotE Beginner Box was published in December of 2012 several months ahead of when the EotE core rulebook was released (again in early July)

So probably best to expect a Beginner Box for Force and Destiny sometime between late April and early May, giving folks a taste of things to come and those that didn't pick up the FaD Beta a chance to see how a party full of Force users would potentially operate, with the core rulebook in early July if the pattern for the prior core rulebooks hold.

Wonder if they'll do something like Rebellion Day, or like they did with Free RPG Day in 2013. I really liked Glare Peak.

Wonder if they'll do something like Rebellion Day, or like they did with Free RPG Day in 2013. I really liked Glare Peak.

I wouldn't mind another Free RPG Day adventure, since at least that would generally be available.

None of the gaming shops in my area bothered with Rebellion Day, so FFG going that route a second time does nothing for me.

This year they did Rebellion Day in August, I believe. Anticipation for Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be building up all winter in 2015 so there's probably a lot of good opportunities in the fall and winter.