AT-ST on Sale

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

For those wanting a more scaled version for the miniatures, the Attack on Endor booster pack is on sale for 24 hours and contains an AT-ST, Stormtroopers, a Scout Trooper and 4 maps.

What game does that go with?

For Star Wars Miniatures but you can still use the miniatures for Imperial Assault .

It goes with Star Wars Miniatures (SWM), from Wizards of the Coast. The game is out of production, but it's still a lot of fun to play, and there is an active gaming community (www.bloomilk.com).

Seriously, this item is considered one of the best values (ie, bang for your credits) in SWM's history. It comes with 2 double-sided maps, 3 different troopers, and an AT-ST. We already know that the WotC figures are to scale with the FFG figures, so it has good crossover potential.

This gives me an idea. <Starts rummaging around house for SWM AT-AT>

Does the AT-ST match the size of the Imperial Assault AT-ST, though? To me it looks like the Imperial Assault AT-ST's base is 2 spaces x 3 spaces, while the WOTC one is 3x3.

That is correct. The AT-ST mini will be useless for IA, unless you want to re-base it or cut off part of the base. Personally, I'm planning to just use the FFG AT-ST, and not worry about it. Same thing for the Probe Droid and E-Web minis...the SWM versions do not have the correct base size, so you really can't use them in IA.

I managed to find some of the map pack expansions for the Star Wars Miniatures game. The maps are quite good and are large (24" x 36"). The figures however are not very good at all.