Petition to apply July Bannings to the Hampshire Regional

By player1402297, in UFS Uk Forum

I guess the title says it all. I'm of the opinion that the bannings are FANTASTIC for the meta.

I currently still have my Chun Li deck built, which contains LotM, Chesters and Owlface in playsets and I still am very, very happy with the bannings. New bannings means a new meta and new environment. It's untested waters in which hitherto overlooked symbols can suprise and innovate. Personally speaking, this kind of uncertainty is what makes ccg's and deckbuilding fun!

Depending on the below comments of anyone who wishes, Steve, could we introduce this new ban list for the Hampshire Regional? If anyone agrees or disagrees, please post below.

Disagree, Mainly due to the fact that i have been designing decks for 2 other people to come for this event and i really don't have the time now that i am back at work to redesign them. Rather than give out 2 decks of poo to these people with no thought behind them i'd rather they had a sporting chance

Tuesday said:

Disagree, Mainly due to the fact that i have been designing decks for 2 other people to come for this event and i really don't have the time now that i am back at work to redesign them. Rather than give out 2 decks of poo to these people with no thought behind them i'd rather they had a sporting chance

One point in favour of the July banlist; if you are considering going to Worlds, it would provide a better insight into the new meta.

Agree at a push, purely for the sake of being different, it would be interesting to see how much it changes things. Although I can understand quite happily if everyone else disagrees. It might be unfair for a lot of people to have to change their decks at the last minute. Although, really, at the end of the day, it's Steve's regional, so it should be entirely up to him.

Completely disagree.
Purely on the point that my deck would take ages to mod after losing 12 of its best cards.
Still moping bout LOTM going...

EDIT: make that 18 of my best cards as without LOTM there is no point in defender loop being there....
Where have all my 6 checks gone!?

I'd love for the new bannings to be enforced, it would make the format much more interesting (Loughborough PotM finals anyone - Great tournament, terrible environment).

I'm easy either way, it'll nuke some of my Mignon deck, but I might not even run her (maybe the all-conquering Padma deck from the PotM will return, mwhahahahaha...)

As was pointed out, it should really be Steve's call, as it's his event.

Kev

Funny enough I was contemplating this after reading the SotG last night, as with the Warhammer Crads in Legacy I will leave this open to debate for a few days before making my mind up. I totally understand Mark's point about having to rebuild three decks, but by the same token I understand people being keen to have the ban in effect. Just for the record, my deck was running Chester's and LotM, but not Owlface as I prefer Lynette's. happy.gif

What the hell, it's only 3 days early. I say bring on the bans.

And I say this as someone who's running Owlface and Chester's in his current deck.

Bring on the bans! as someone else has said, its only a few days early!

I'm not sure on this one. I do like the new bans, but 12 days beforehand is both a long time and not a long time to get yourself set up with a deck that's potentially 1/5th changed, possibly even more so since you might need to rejig the rest of the deck to compensate for the loss.

Hmm, might as well make a decision...

I say enforce the bans for the tournament, it'll make for good entertainment.

Just while I think of it, if you decide to ban them for the regional will this apply to the legacy nationals the day before as well?

I am happy with the bannings. I was running none of those cards in the deck i was going to play.

As much as I think the bannings would be very good for the meta, there's less than two weeks until the tournament. It's a bit late to be banning cards at this point.

So far from talking to people on here and on the it does seem that most people are in favour of having the bannings in place for the event. As such, and with the fact that people are going to have to do a bit of rebuilding, the new banned list is in effect for the Regional and Legacy tournaments .

Tallgeese said:

So far from talking to people on here and on the it does seem that most people are in favour of having the bannings in place for the event. As such, and with the fact that people are going to have to do a bit of rebuilding, the new banned list is in effect for the Regional and Legacy tournaments .

On a related note, does this mean we can also use Close Throw and Martial Arts Champion? gran_risa.gif

Only if you have them in foil lengua.gif