The Great Movie Alien Compendium

By SavageBob, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

It's creepy looking aliens like this that made it hard for me to watch the opening scenes from Ep. VI as a kid.

Now, I love Star Wars as much as the next 60's-80's kid...

But what I don't like is the fact that every single little pointless sidecharacter in the movies (no matter if they were on-screen for ½ a second) gets not only a lengthy and detailed back-story, but 99% of them are pretty "fantastic" and "special".

EDIT: That said, great work on compiling and constructing this.

Edited by OddballE8

The good news is we're done with Jedi , which has the most weird little animal puppets that later EU writers turned into sentient species. In my opinion, the Frog-dogs and Wol Cabasshites should have been detailed as critters, not intelligent species. But that's the EU for you. Then again, I can see one of these being a fun PC for someone looking for an RP challenge.

It would be cool to see rules for a Revwien. I know your keeping this down to Lucas affiliated project, but they were designed to appear in ANH.

Also, the Parwans from TCW, who were based on the same concept art.

EDIT: And how could I forget the Talz?

Edited by A7T

Thanks. That spreadsheet will come in handy!

Thanks. That spreadsheet will come in handy!

Just keep in mind that so far, I’m only down to the “B” section for the species from this GMAC thread.

I’m going to keep working on it as best I can, but it is not anywhere remotely close to being finished!

This thread is great. Love to see more species added.

Edited by JackBullet

Very neat thread- some useful Species in here.

...So this thread is pretty ancient, and if there's a particular issue with me reviving it I apologize, but I can't help but notice that the Kaleesh species is missing.

I hate to ask for more work from @SavageBob after how much effort he's put into this, but it strikes me as though he is more invested in making sure this thread is complete than anyone else on this forum.

Edited by Degenerate Mind
There was an unnecessary and misspelled word. No more.

Ha ha! Thanks for taking notice. The truth is, I'd still love to contribute to this thread, but my job has gotten really time-consuming of late, so I'm limited in my research time these days. I'd love to return to the project at some point. Kaleesh are definitely on the list of species I'd like to tackle should my real life settle down...

3 minutes ago, SavageBob said:

Ha ha! Thanks for taking notice. The truth is, I'd still love to contribute to this thread, but my job has gotten really time-consuming of late, so I'm limited in my research time these days. I'd love to return to the project at some point. Kaleesh are definitely on the list of species I'd like to tackle should my real life settle down...

That's a shame. Thank you for all the work you've done on this compendium. I've got a Skrilling Performer ready for a friend's game in the next couple of weeks thanks to their unique variants of Charm & Negotiate, and the same friend that's running that game has a Skakoan Analyst set aside for another campaign in the distant future. There's a couple other instances of aliens from this list being a priority choice for people in my gaming group since I discovered it about a month ago, vut I can't think of them off the top of my head.

What I'm trying to say is, GMAC has been a great source of inspiration for myself and a few friends. On behalf of us all, thank you.

11 hours ago, Degenerate Mind said:

That's a shame. Thank you for all the work you've done on this compendium. I've got a Skrilling Performer ready for a friend's game in the next couple of weeks thanks to their unique variants of Charm & Negotiate, and the same friend that's running that game has a Skakoan Analyst set aside for another campaign in the distant future. There's a couple other instances of aliens from this list being a priority choice for people in my gaming group since I discovered it about a month ago, vut I can't think of them off the top of my head.

What I'm trying to say is, GMAC has been a great source of inspiration for myself and a few friends. On behalf of us all, thank you.

That's so good to hear! I love the idea of a Skrilling Performer. Have fun, and watch this space (or follow this topic). Hopefully things will calm down sooner or later. :)

4 hours ago, SavageBob said:

That's so good to hear! I love the idea of a Skrilling Performer. Have fun, and watch this space (or follow this topic). Hopefully things will calm down sooner or later. :)

Oh, I'm going to have so much fun with Distracting Behavior. Already following, by the way.

If you're looking for species to design, there are many to do ? :

Anacondan

Aramandi

Ardennian

Artiodac

Aruzan

Ayrou

Azumel

Balinaka

Barbadelan

Bitthaevrian

Bivall

Brondo Asogia
Buzchub
Caarite
Calibop
Caridan

Britarro

Chikarri
Ciasi
Clantaaani
Colicoid
Columi
Conjeni

Crolute
Culisetto

Czerialan

Dantari

Danzikan

Delphidian

Dowutin

Dwuni

Dybrinthe

Dyplotid

Er'kit
Esoomian
Essastii
Evocii
Farghul
Fia
Filordi
Fluggrian
Frenk
Frigosian
Frozian
Gados
Gastrulan
Gerb

Gree

Elnacon

Faust

Gabdorin

Gallusian

Gotarite

Gurlanin

Grindalid

Hylobon

Imroosian

Jablogian

Holwuff
Hoojib
Huralok
Hysalrian
Iakaru
Iotran
Jenet
Jiivahar
Junker
Kamarian

Kalleran

Keredian

Lugubraa

Meftien

Melbu

Mimbanese

Mugaari

Narquois

Nazzar

Nephran

Nithorn

Nu-Cosian

Nuknog
Nyriaanans
Omwati
Ongree
Orfite

Octeroid

Onodone

Oswaft
Paaerduag
Pacithhip
Paigun

Ottegan

Rutanian/Senali

Sabat

Sathari

Saheelindeeli
Sakiyan
Sanyassan
Saurin
Sauvax
Selonian
Sephi

Shozer

Talpini

Tarsunt

Tarasin
Tarnab
Tarro
Tchuukthai
Teedo
Teek
Teevan
Temolak
Terellian Jango
Thisspiasian
Tiss’shar
T'landa Til

Tognath

Tricorraan

Ubdurian

Ugor

Vobati

Yuvernian

...and so much more. Thank you for your marvellous work!!

Thanks for the kind words! Sadly, real life hasn't allowed me to keep working on this project. I'd love to cover most of the species you've listed, but I just don't have time these days. You should check out @Yaccarus 's work for a similar (but more expansive) project, The Complete Species Guide .

4 hours ago, droidscotty said:

If you're looking for species to design, there are many to do ? :

Anacondan

Aramandi

Ardennian

Artiodac

Aruzan

Ayrou

Azumel

Balinaka

Barbadelan

Bitthaevrian

Bivall

Brondo Asogia
Buzchub
Caarite
Calibop
Caridan

Britarro

Chikarri
Ciasi
Clantaaani
Colicoid
Columi
Conjeni

Crolute
Culisetto

Czerialan

Dantari

Danzikan

Delphidian

Dowutin

Dwuni

Dybrinthe

Dyplotid

Er'kit
Esoomian
Essastii
Evocii
Farghul
Fia
Filordi
Fluggrian
Frenk
Frigosian
Frozian
Gados
Gastrulan
Gerb

Gree

Elnacon

Faust

Gabdorin

Gallusian

Gotarite

Gurlanin

Grindalid

Hylobon

Imroosian

Jablogian

Holwuff
Hoojib
Huralok
Hysalrian
Iakaru
Iotran
Jenet
Jiivahar
Junker
Kamarian

Kalleran

Keredian

Lugubraa

Meftien

Melbu

Mimbanese

Mugaari

Narquois

Nazzar

Nephran

Nithorn

Nu-Cosian

Nuknog
Nyriaanans
Omwati
Ongree
Orfite

Octeroid

Onodone

Oswaft
Paaerduag
Pacithhip
Paigun

Ottegan

Rutanian/Senali

Sabat

Sathari

Saheelindeeli
Sakiyan
Sanyassan
Saurin
Sauvax
Selonian
Sephi

Shozer

Talpini

Tarsunt

Tarasin
Tarnab
Tarro
Tchuukthai
Teedo
Teek
Teevan
Temolak
Terellian Jango
Thisspiasian
Tiss’shar
T'landa Til

Tognath

Tricorraan

Ubdurian

Ugor

Vobati

Yuvernian

...and so much more. Thank you for your marvellous work!!

That's really scraping the bottom of the barrel. Even the Complete Species Guide has only a few of those.

Maybe I'll come back to this list once I'm done with my main list of species that need to go in.

I really want to use Imroosian in a Star Wars campaign but sadly there isn’t to much known about them. In fact there’s only one person in the Star Wars universe that’s a Imroosian and it was only used because Han’s girlfriend/love interest in the Solo movie was going to be that race but then made her human. Not clue why they ended up adding another one. The only real info is the home planet, the one skin color and scale like complexion. I hope they actually add info to the race in other Star Wars content because I like the idea of the race.