Rules questions

By Archaon2, in Warrior Knights

I am not quite sure about the following rules, maybe someone can help:

1) Private Motion – postpone the Assembly

If there is an assembly and one private motion and two standard agendas are to be voted. The private motion is always voted at first. Fate card is drawn and the designated baron proposes to postpone the assembly „ A vote to postpone the Assembly. If this vote passes,the Assembly immediately ends, and the current Agendas are voted on next Assembly.“ If this private motion is accepted by other barons what happens next? Is this private motion discarded? Remain for the next assembly just the two standard ones and the third one (instead of already voted private motion) has to revealed? Or all the current agendas (one private motion and two standard ones) remain till the next assembly?

2) Moving - asking for permission

The rules state that „Nobles may not move through an area containing Baron's noble or city unless the opposing Baron allows it.“
The FAQ state that I can move through an area containing another Baron's stronghold, but no opposing nobles, without asking a permission.

My question is: May I move through an area containing another Baron's city, but not opposing nobles (so just a Baron’s control marker), without asking a permission? According the rules I would say no, but with reference to FAQ I am not sure (in fact, Stronghold is just a kind of Baron’s city with some special features).

3) Assaulting Stronghold

When assaulitng the city, even a partial victory for the attacker (1 more victory than the defender) will capture the city. Does this apply to the stronghold as well?

Thank you!

Archaon said:

I am not quite sure about the following rules, maybe someone can help:

1) Private Motion – postpone the Assembly

If there is an assembly and one private motion and two standard agendas are to be voted. The private motion is always voted at first. Fate card is drawn and the designated baron proposes to postpone the assembly „ A vote to postpone the Assembly. If this vote passes,the Assembly immediately ends, and the current Agendas are voted on next Assembly.“ If this private motion is accepted by other barons what happens next? Is this private motion discarded? Remain for the next assembly just the two standard ones and the third one (instead of already voted private motion) has to revealed? Or all the current agendas (one private motion and two standard ones) remain till the next assembly?

2) Moving - asking for permission

The rules state that „Nobles may not move through an area containing Baron's noble or city unless the opposing Baron allows it.“
The FAQ state that I can move through an area containing another Baron's stronghold, but no opposing nobles, without asking a permission.

My question is: May I move through an area containing another Baron's city, but not opposing nobles (so just a Baron’s control marker), without asking a permission? According the rules I would say no, but with reference to FAQ I am not sure (in fact, Stronghold is just a kind of Baron’s city with some special features).

3) Assaulting Stronghold

When assaulitng the city, even a partial victory for the attacker (1 more victory than the defender) will capture the city. Does this apply to the stronghold as well?

Thank you!

1) In the Assembly rules section on page 11, the “ Type of Motions ” section states, “If a motion passes, its effect is immediately carried out, and the motion is discarded.” Whether or not a new third agenda is drawn for the next meeting is unclear, but it would be a good question to be answered in the next FAQ update.

2) Go by what the rules say. I would not assume that an exception for strongholds implies an exception for cities, especially if that would contradict the original rules for cities. The only similarity between strongholds and cities that is stated by the rules are that they are attacked the same way as a city (P. 17). As far as I can determine from the rules, they are different from cities in every other way.

3) Since the rules state that strongholds may be assaulted or sieged the same way as a city, I would assume that the “ Capturing a City via Assault ” rules on page 17 apply to strongholds.

Hope this helps

Hi Jashobeam ,

thank you very much for your answer.

In the meantime, I´ve asked Corey Koniezcka to make it clear. Here is his statement that is in consonance with yours:

1) If a private motion passes to "postpone the assembly", the private motion is discarded (since it was resolved).
2) As per the rules, you may not move through a baron's city without asking permission. I'll revisit the FAQ to make this consistent.
3) A partial victory is enough to capture the city or destroy the stronghold.