Stomp?

By Bashwilly, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

The FAQ said

Titan
The Titan's Stomp ability will always go before any Guard orders.

What is the stomp ability? (I'm not perfect in english... I don't find this ability anywhere) With that, i can't understand the point lengua.gif

It's in the Road to Legend rule book within the text of the "Keep of the Titan" description. It's not labeled "Stomp". There is just a small section that describes the action and effects.

The gout of flame from the braziers???

Sure, its a common feature on many of the more expensive braziers.

Ok thanks. The FAQ mean that the attack made by the brazier goes before any guard order?

Bashwilly said:

Ok thanks. The FAQ mean that the attack made by the brazier goes before any guard order?

Unless you guys are having an in joke, I think you've fallen for a wise-ass comment. ;-)

The stomp thing is just something the Titan does at the beginning of his turn that removes all orders. Naturally, it had to be clarified that Guard orders could not be used to interrupt the stomp. Nothing whatsoever to do with braziers...

Bashwilly said:

I'm sorry, I thought you were making a funny comment about fire shooting out of braziers.

The Stomp isn't really mentioned clearly as an named ability, it basically that flavor text below where it says:

At the start of each of the Titan's turns, if any hero has a placed order on the board: Flavor text. Discard all placed orders without effect.

The fire from the braziers is something the OL can do before making an attack. Though this does make me wonder, since it says attack does that mean if the Titan battles he gets to do it twice, since he would get two attacks? Gets even more fun now, since the OL can place Guard I guess he could attack, place a Guard and then on the Heroes turn do it as well.

Thanks! gran_risa.gif

Big Remy said:

The fire from the braziers is something the OL can do before making an attack. Though this does make me wonder, since it says attack does that mean if the Titan battles he gets to do it twice, since he would get two attacks? Gets even more fun now, since the OL can place Guard I guess he could attack, place a Guard and then on the Heroes turn do it as well.

Good point... If this is really the intention, this is really strong sorpresa.gif

Stomp happens only at the start of the Titan´s turn, not at the start of a Titan´s attack. So it is limited to once per round, regardless of Battle actions or Guard orders.

Parathion said:

Stomp happens only at the start of the Titan´s turn, not at the start of a Titan´s attack. So it is limited to once per round, regardless of Battle actions or Guard orders.

The Stomp does yes, but I was talking about the gout of flame extra attack the Titan gets. That isn't part of the Stomp as far as I can tell.

A big advantage to guarding as the Titan would be to get rid of leadership rest orders, as well as aim orders. Strangely though, the heroes can dodge your guard order, since the stomp won't happen until the OL turn.

The whole thing is pretty moot though, since the Titan has a 0% chance of winning the final battle without house rules. Just use a web weapon, everyone double attack him and pass it around to get 6 or so web tokens on him, and he'll never get a swing off. Since an attack with no legal targets gets cancelled, it seems like he couldn't even attack the darkness to get brazier attacks. Chain dazing him is almost as bad. The avatar should really be immune to lingering effects.

The heroes can be sure of having 2 items of their choice for the final battle with the mana and kata skill (rodents can't be crushing blown).

Which is interesting, as crushing blow is the principle by which the traditional springloaded mousetrap works gui%C3%B1o.gif