Will characters start with Gifts of the Gods?

By BinarySecond, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

Hi all,

Just been through char. gen. with my players and one ended up with 20-something corruption (fun!).

The question came up that he should have some gifts of the gods. So my question is this:

Is this covered in the rulebook or is it up to me? Can characters leave creation with mutations? Or is it like alignment where you start unaligned (unless archetype specifies).

Edited by BinarySecond

It is covered somewhere, although I can't point at the exact location.

Starting characters that crosses a Corruption threshold do indeed roll for Gifts of the Gods.

So if he starts with 20 Corruption, that's two rolls for Gift of the Gods, assuming he's human.

Yup human...mostly (heretek) thanks :)

Just remember to check alignment before every gift.

By RAW, you only check Alignment after spending your starting XP. There's no reason to check Alignment before every Gift, because at no point between the checking of the Alignment and the granting of the Gift can your Alignment change.

By RAW, you only check Alignment after spending your starting XP. There's no reason to check Alignment before every Gift, because at no point between the checking of the Alignment and the granting of the Gift can your Alignment change.

There is if they are doing an advanced start.