Steelskin Question

By Dydra, in Android: Netrunner Rules Questions

Alright so my question is like this.

Obviously if you discard Steel Skin via 1,2,3 damage that do not kill the runner , you would draw back.

However, what about if the Runner is with 2 cards and you Scorch?

In my mind, because the damage is applied in one instance, he will die (go to -2), before the Steelskin triggers .

If the case is the other way around ... goodbye game balance :D

Still being debated on BGG. We should get an official answer soon after release.

Still being debated on BGG. We should get an official answer soon after release.

So still 2-3 more months of theorycrafting and people making decks with the new cards in the bucket :D oh gosh, this is so fun ... :)

If cards are trashed one by one when damage is assigned then it might save you, but if the flatline is checked by looking at a damage block and comparing it to what you have then you are not going to have a nice day.

The problem is that both views have textual support in the rulebook.

Is it just me, or has this card been changed to 'I've had worse'?

Yes, the card is officially named "I've Had Worse".

Our only source for the name "Steelskin" was the leaker, who was allegedly fed false information.

It has. or, possibly, it was never really named Steelskin.

Anyway, the answer is that if you have less than the number of cards in hand, you die. IF you survive, then you redraw ( not sure on the order if IHW is discarded before the last discard though ) and you don't draw anything until you're done discarding.

Edited by CommissarFeesh

I can see it being either a Canary Trap or just mistranslation.

Chop Bot -> Salvage Robot -> Salvager

"Gravedigger" is a culturally-specific idiom. A lot of people suspected Snow-Jax was in China, which tends to practice cremation.

"I've Had Worse" is an idiom which may simply have not translated elegantly, and was just replaced with something Cyberpunkish.

If it were a canary trap, why did it take two months to "tag" the leaker? (The answer may be that they were waiting until the release of the correct card titles.)

I can see it either way, and I can't even really judge which is more likely.