Oh NO!

By RogalDorn01, in XCOM: The Board Game

Oh no...rumor has it that this won't be released until Jan 15th!!!!! Such sadness...

Oh no...rumor has it that this won't be released until Jan 15th!!!!! Such sadness...

Just out of curiosity where do these rumours originate from ? This is not just based on the Amazon release date is it ?

Hope that doesn't come off sounding like I am interrogating you ? Just wondering if there is a solid basis for this suspicion or just extrapolation from store eta's.

Mind you not really feeling a lot of confidence given FF should be able to say by now if they are going to make the Xmass cutoff or not.

I assume FF games do not usually comment of these things ??

:( ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

I hate to say it but Jan 15 sounds about right at this point. Wish they could make it sooner.

I hate to say it but Jan 15 sounds about right at this point. Wish they could make it sooner.

Refrains from shooting messenger ;)

Just out of curiosity where do these rumours originate from ? This is not just based on the Amazon release date is it ?

Hope that doesn't come off sounding like I am interrogating you ? Just wondering if there is a solid basis for this suspicion or just extrapolation from store eta's.

Mind you not really feeling a lot of confidence given FF should be able to say by now if they are going to make the Xmass cutoff or not.

I assume FF games do not usually comment of these things ??

:( ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Yeah, it sounds like he is just getting the date from Amazon (or from someone else who got the date from Amazon). This is always wildly inaccurate and so should just be ignored.

And no, there is no reason that FFG should have any better idea as to whether it will be here in time for Christmas or not; delays at customs are a big factor in how soon the product arrives, and as far as we know the boat hasn't even reached port yet.

No...not amazon. This comes from my buddy that owns a store that stocks FFG products. And the order sheet that he uses claims an anticipated launch day of Jan 15th

FFG's own "Upcoming" page now says XCOM is coming out Q1 2015 with an updated sticker on it. So I guess it did slip back. Oh well, looks like Imperial Assault is still on target for this year. Plenty of games to play until January.

Yup seems like RogalDorn01 was spot on.

@Bleached Lizard - I understand where you are coming from, but I think you are being a little generous. IMO the publisher would have a pretty decent idea as to whether it is going to make an xmass cutoff or not less then 3 weeks out. If its on a boat already then the only issues involve actual transportation and distribution. I would assume these are known knowns.

Given enough customers were asking about the xmass cutoff, FFG could have commented on it. They clearly conveyed something to distributors like Amazon, given the change of date in late November.

Anyway I am not getting histrionic about it, just commenting on your conviction that FFG would not know anymore then its customers, which I find very difficult to believe. If I am being ignorant here, which is certainly possible, then please edify me.

Anyway, sure hope the Q1 FFG date is closer to the Amazon date and not the 31st of March ;)

The news of the push-back has deeply saddened me. I have been anticipating this release for some time and was really, really hoping to see the game under my tree this year. :( I will be patient and I do not blame FFG, but it still sucks.

Yup seems like RogalDorn01 was spot on.

@Bleached Lizard - I understand where you are coming from, but I think you are being a little generous. IMO the publisher would have a pretty decent idea as to whether it is going to make an xmass cutoff or not less then 3 weeks out. If its on a boat already then the only issues involve actual transportation and distribution. I would assume these are known knowns.

Given enough customers were asking about the xmass cutoff, FFG could have commented on it. They clearly conveyed something to distributors like Amazon, given the change of date in late November.

Anyway I am not getting histrionic about it, just commenting on your conviction that FFG would not know anymore then its customers, which I find very difficult to believe. If I am being ignorant here, which is certainly possible, then please edify me.

Anyway, sure hope the Q1 FFG date is closer to the Amazon date and not the 31st of March ;)

I didn't say that they wouldn't know any more than the customers. And yes - FFG could know with some certainty what time it *wouldn't* be here by. But they will never know what time it will *definitely* be here by. Like I said, one of the biggest factors is how long it takes to get through customs, which is completely impossible to predict. If the boat is still at least 3 weeks from port, then FFG know that the game won't be here any sooner than 3 weeks, so they can safely say it won't be here for Christmas. However, they have no way of knowing how long the boat will be held up at any of the ports it stops at on the way here, or how long the container will be held up at customs, so they can't give any kind of a release date - they can only say when it definitely *won't* be here by.

Once the container clears customs there's not usually that much more that can get in the way, so after that point you can normally say the game will be with us within 1-2 weeks. But before that point, it can literally be any amount of time. So no - no realistic release date is possible until the container the game was shipped in has cleared customs, which is usually approximately 1-2 weeks before the game is released.

only thing I find odd is that SW Imperial Assault was announced later (albeit a week or 2), but I have my pre-order being dispatched 15th December, but Xcom fallen back by over a month. Both were scheduled for end of year release.

I can wait, spent over 10 years waiting for the PC game so can wait another month

Now this is pure speculation on my part but it might be that some part of the X-COM printing went wrong so they had to reprint the whole shebang while the SWIA print run was flawless. The delay time sounds about right for that.

I can confirm Imperial Assault has been completed as I have just had it delivered. Your may be right about some form of print issue, but I can't help but wonder if the delay is due to Apple.

The iPhone store is notoriously draconian, and I know FFG have made apps before so it may not be the case, but obviously you can't release the BG if you can't get the app....

Amazon pre-order cancelled, Amazon email says supplier say game is cancelled ....

Amazon pre-order cancelled, Amazon email says supplier say game is cancelled ....

I would imagine that's probably not the case...

FFG tweeted this response...

"Some of you've noticed that Amazon has listed #XCOM the board game as cancelled. It's not, and will come out in early 2015. Don't worry!"