Longlas Aiming vs. Called Shots

By pearldrum1, in Only War Rules Questions

So, as you all know, the Longlas has the accurate quality.

As you also all know, an Aim action (either half or full) and a called shot are separate actions. Since a called shot is a full round action, it cannot be combined with an aim action - as it is in essence an aim action, albeit a much harder aim.

As of right now, I have been ruling that if my group's sniper uses a called shot, he cannot gain the benefits of the accurate quality. Essentially, he doesn't get the extra damage or +10. Thus, he needs to choose if he needs to be precise or if he wants to be more general and hit harder.

However, his comrade has the spotter (I think) ability which stacks a +20 to aim on top of his shot. While I still don't allow this to carry over to his PC and grant him the accurate benefits, it has been suggested around the table.

I want to know how you all interpret these rules, if you have run into this problem and how you handled it, or if perhaps I am reading the rules wrong.

Thanks.

In both of my groups, if you want to take the time to aim before making a called shot and then fire, then you go right on ahead. Sharpshooters are designed for this very purpose. We also don't neuter accurate damage because otherwise there's really very little reason to use a sniping weapon. Particularly considering the point of it is to surgically dish out massive damage to the target.

You kind of need that damage output especially if you're trying for stealth takedowns.

Yeah, and after giving it more thought, I am in that same boat.

Silent and deadly, right? Thanks, Laz.

If it ever becomes an issue of "my sniper is OP", do the age old method of "GM cheating" and have a sniper in the opposition to counter him. Ties them up while your other players cover the regulars.

Alternatively, get the jump on him and tie him up in melee, to his horror.

Also, by RAW you can Aim as a full round action, then on the next Round use Called Shot and it will stack, because Aim simply applies to the next Attack Action you take, with some restrictions about moving in between.

Furthermore, Ranged Weapon Expert talent allows you to Aim as free action

Furthermore, Ranged Weapon Expert talent allows you to Aim as free action

I think you can still only do one or the other per round since both are concentrate actions.