Stay on Target details!

By Desslok, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

A lot of those kudos need to go to Zoe Robinson, FFG's Art Director.

yuuuuup!

I do wish FFG would release higher res versions of the art in the release notices and books. It's all so well-done that it's a shame we only get it in 600x400 snippets.

The art in these things is dead sexy. Seriously the best part of the book.

I do wish FFG would release higher res versions of the art in the release notices and books. It's all so well-done that it's a shame we only get it in 600x400 snippets.

Go surf around on Deviant Art for a while: http://www.deviantart.com/browse/all/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=ffg+star+wars a great many folks who do FFG art put their stuff there, in higher resolution.

I had so much fun play testing this material. I can't wait to hold the finished product in my hands!

I did get a chance to have a look at SOT. Beastrider...cool concept, maybe a second spec for a character. Hotshot...couple of interesting talents but, to me, meh. Rigger? Holy Bantha poodoo! The Signature Craft talent and the talents that branch off of it turn you into a terror of the skies. My pilot character plans to pick this as his third spcialization just as soon as he recovers his HWK-290 from the person who stole it. Till then, saving those XP's. :-)

Edited by zathras23

Another play-tester here. Just snagged my copy (and comparing the final with my notes …)

I'm loving the artwork.

Are people actually finding this in stores today? I figured I wouldn't have to start looking until next week.

Are people actually finding this in stores today? I figured I wouldn't have to start looking until next week.

Mine showed up in my FLGS today.

I picked mine up from the FLGS back on Monday.

Sweet, thanks guys! I'll make the rounds tomorrow.

Still waiting for the call from my FLGS to let me know my copy has arrived.

Question regarding the signature ability Unmatched Survivability...the base ability. Is it saying that the ship is immune to hull damage for 3 rounds and at the end of that time period, if they haven't gotten any repairs in the 3 rounds, then the ship is crippled? The wording is kinda vague on it.

Question regarding the signature ability Unmatched Survivability...the base ability. Is it saying that the ship is immune to hull damage for 3 rounds and at the end of that time period, if they haven't gotten any repairs in the 3 rounds, then the ship is crippled? The wording is kinda vague on it.

Not immune to Hull Damage, just being crippled by it. You still track damage (and have to later repair it) and Crits can still destroy the ship.

Ok, thank you!

OK, I have to ask - how does one get to be a Playtester?

Don't call them. They might call you.

I was contacted on this board through a PM.

Or, if that isn't to your liking, you can always just suck up to one of the freelancers long enough to convince them to let you playtest their material, /winkwink

Though I think I've only used playtesters 2-3 times out of 7 books, as not every job really requires or allows enough time for it from the freelancers, most playtesting happens after our deadlines.

Don't call them. They might call you.

I was contacted on this board through a PM.

Apparently there's little definitive for the E-Wing armament:

The dorsal cannon is a heavy laser in some, and a lone single-barreled turbolaser in others.

Sometimes they have torpedoes as a ventral pod, other times it's X-Wing style firing ports in the nose.

And according to the wiki there may or may not be firing ports at the roots of the wings which may or may not be ion cannons.

No idea yet how it's statted in the book, but it'll be... interesting to find out. The thing's supposed to make an X-wing look flimsy despite it moving like TIE Interceptors...

Are there any extra rules for making astromech droids PCs?

darths0342.jpg

<suckupmode> KRKappel, I truly love your work :) </suckmode>

Also, how does one get to become a contributor? Does FFG have a submission process?

Are there any extra rules for making astromech droids PCs?

There's always been rules to have a droid character be an Astromech, but Stay on Target provides specific rules for Astromech PCs in the context of a the appropriate slot in a starship.

I don't want to hijack the thread on something like this, but if you want to create one, I'd be happy to go into detail.

<suckupmode> KRKappel, I truly love your work :) </suckmode>

Also, how does one get to become a contributor? Does FFG have a submission process?

Got the book from my FLGS today, really enjoying it so far. As others have noted it has amazing art. =)

One question while I wait to get a copy: how do they handle a PC race with four arms? Giving Brawl attacks Linked?