Unit-by-unit evaluation

By Leveton, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

You argue that Bader might be worth the 3 extra points

Vader being a force user is were its at. We have not seen his commands so that can change. I would use pummel x2 and his command card that gives him three attavks as a start.

Vader being a force user is were its at. We have not seen his commands so that can change. I would use pummel x2 and his command card that gives him three attavks as a start.

Pummel takes 2 actions, so its pointless on vader isnt it?

Pummel takes 2 actions, so its pointless on vader isnt it?

There are Officers that can move guys.. I was talking about Champion though. You can all run Vader up at the end of the round then Pummel. Yes Choke/Action odds are is better.

it took me a second to realize that Vader might want to focus his attacks down to a single target...

it took me a second to realize that Vader might want to focus his attacks down to a single target...

Yep, Pummel allows you to attack twice (no restrictions) unlike Brutality where each attack must be a different target :)

Imperial officers are my favourite so far.

Being the cheapest deployment card gives you the tactical advantage, having more deployment cards means you can save a lot of your important activations until after your opponent has run out.

Once they've focussed they hit quite hard for their cost, their defensive ability will dissuade people from firing at them. If you assign them a bodyguard they can move themselves and their bodyguard during their activation, there is no need to leave them vulnerable until you are ready to strike.

Chaining officers could be used to get lots of movements out of a single model.

I see a lot of potential in this unit.

That is the big things with the Imperial Officers. It's hard for a unit to not be worth 2 points. Even without the Cower and Focus abilities, it's probably playable. If you're fielding an Imperial squad and you have 2 points left, it's your only option. If you have 4 points left, you can put in either 2 of them or 1 Probe Droid, in which case I would probably take the officers. At 3 points, your choices are an officer or a droid, in which case it would depend on what else you're fielding. If you're running E-Web Engineers, you definitely want the officer to move them into position.

No other preview ??

Well, the game is out now, and I'm trying to get a feel for how they actually play before posting any more evaluations. Also, I've just been really busy the last few weeks with the Christmas season.