Lizardmen

By qendi, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Due to last few adventures my players are going to Lustria and as I'm thinking about it I see quite a few opportunities and even more threats. Of all nasty things that can eat/poison/kill/corrupt/annihilate/be nasty to players Lizardmen are probably the most iconic.

Since they are not described in any of the WFRP 3ed. supplements I need to create some stats for them in order to use them in combat and to be honest I don't have much idea what kind of stats they should have. At first I thought about using Monstrous Orc as Saurus and Hero/Sorcerer Goblin as Skink/Skink Shaman but I'm not really convinced to that.

Any one can suggest something better? Or Mayby someone used Lizardmen in his or her WFRP campaign already and can share with stats?

I would say orc/goblin is probably the best way to go. Is there some kind of special rule for lizardmen in WFB? Cold blooded perhaps?

Qendi. I believe Valvorik has the answer to your question having done extensive work and a splendid job of imagining the Southlands including critters such as the Lizardmen, Salamander etc if i'm not mistaken. It's not finished work as yet but you can find discussion on it here:

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/95086-southlands-or-lustria-critters-and-ideas/page-4?hl=lustria

And failing that you could try PMing Valvorik and tell him what it is you're looking for.

Noely

Edited by Noelyuk

Thanks for the kind words, yes still work in progress. I'm a bit of a "detail nut" so like benchmarking against similar creatures (e.g., if x = y in WFP and we have y in WFRP but not x, then that determines x in WFRP),

I have indeed also decided Saurus are mostly orcs in stats, 3 skulls, but C2 not R2, with the modifiers noted in the draft document and a note that their "armour" is scaly skin. Have not decided on specific action cards, unlike orcs they are not "reckless and over-eager" they are instead "relentless and durable", if anything more like a dwarf in some ways (no drinking actions!). They are not in the draft on-line yet.

I have only done the Old One blessings (which help mix up encounters) for Old Ones WFB said could bless Southlands.