Future of Anima.

By Stilgar, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

I just noticed that the Anima game books on the on-line store are discounted 75%. Is this just an amazing holiday special or are they cleaning house?

Read this: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5212

"FFG’s new and existing product lines will continue to be developed by FFG and sold under the FFG logo. FFG will stay a fully independent publisher in the Asmodee Group, and intends to keep creating the best games possible. A few of FFG’s products, whose identity may be deemed a better fit under a different Asmodee Group brand, may transition within the group."

Anima is not developed by FFG, and honestly is not a good RpG, I wouldn't surprise if FFG will not sell the game anymore.

It's obvious that FFG is not supporting Anima based on that nothing is being released currently. I will agree that there are better RPG's on the market in regards to game mechanics, but I am disappointed that Anima hasn't been more developed because of its content. There are quite a few roleplayers who are also big Anime fans so I wish this would have taken off to support that crowd. I actually like the Gaia world they have developed and would like to see more. I was hoping for english releases. I'm hoping Asmodee picks it up and runs with it! We'll see.

Well I hope they don't cancel it, would suck. Though if they do maybe a company that actually translates and releases the books at a more timely manner will pick up this great RpG. Cause after picking this system up when it first was released I've never wanted to go bk to the simpler game mechanics of D&D or pathfinder. Although I liked WoD, Shadowrun or WarHammer franchise of RpG, they just don't have the same draw to me or any of the gamers I run with. Might have to learn Spanish just so I can continue this franchise.

Edited by cdcace

I hope they don't discontinue it, because I still need some of the books. Please, company, let us have the other half of the world!!!

In there upcoming list they have a reprint for shadow of omega, which does give me some hope for the line continuing.

I don't see the sale prices. Is it over already?

I would have stocked up, to lend to future players...

Yes, the sale is done, but it seems http://coolstuffinc.com/ is having a similar sale. Some items are already sold out, like the core book. I would have loved to get into this RPG, but I no longer have the time to commit to RPG's anymore. Its too bad I didn't know about this 10 years ago when I had all the time in the world. :)