*crickets*

By Grimwalker, in General Discussion

Got really quiet around here. I can't imagine why.

Because they announced the product nearly a year before it will be on any shelf?

Yeah... we can all only speculate so much until they publish their next article for the 2nd edition.

I've never followed a FFG LCG before its release, how long should it be before we can expect things like card previews or spoilers?

This is great news for me since the community around here will at last get into this LCG. The 1st edition, while a great game, was too big to attract new players into it.

The 2nd edition will make our wishes happen!

I'm getting this when it hits the shelves!

I bet we won't be seeing more articles about it until at least late spring. if I had to hazard a guess, I would say April at the earliest.

Early April? #jokeonlyAGOT1.0playerswillget?

Indeed. ;)

somebody want to ELI5?

ELI5?

I'm hoping for a AgotĀ² Draft set release in april/may to shorten the wait for the core set.

Probably wishfull thinking.

Early April? #jokeonlyAGOT1.0playerswillget?

ELI5 = Explain like I'm 5 years old...i.e. someone fill me in on the inside joke?

and sorry Mig, they've already said they'll be letting AGOT 1e provide the Draft pool until 2E is well-established enough to create its own pool. Probably not until the first Chapter Pack cycle is announced, maybe not even until the second cycle. Netrunner's first Draft pool, drawn from the Core and Genesis Cycle only, was wretched and confining.

:(

Explaining an inside joke is like trying to read Braille for the first time without any reference.

That being said, they should release a Braille friendly version of this game so blind people can play it.

Explaining an inside joke is like trying to read Braille for the first time without any reference.

It's not like that at all for those "in the loop," but w/e.

Anyway, on-topic: We could try and come up with interesting topics to populate this otherwise-dead forum. I have a couple ideas in mind; namely a topic on rotation and what it means for the game, and one where we can discuss how Traits will work in the game.

Edited by MarthWMaster

I actually hope there is not any offensive trait manipulation in this game. Meaning, I do not like how powerful some of the trait manipulation in the first edition can be when it comes to working with trait-hate type cards and with mutant characters like Beric and giving him the Sand Snake trait for the Snakeskin Veil(for example). I hope that these types of trait manipulations are very limited so that they aren't abusive or create ridiculous mutants out of characters.