Carrying Case

By AgentJ, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

So with this being a huge game with a lot of pieces and most likely expansions, has anyone thought about a storage/carrying case? If so what do you recommend?

I'm sure some people will find this thread very useful for this particular question:

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/96968-descent-storage-solutions/

I managed to acquire one of these types of storage units from a friend:

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/sterilite-5-drawer-tower-white/6000012972973

I'll buy a small tackle box for the tokens and a few deck boxes.

It's certainly not as trendy as a plano case, nor is it portable, but it's got plenty of room for all the tiles, minis, cards, future expansions, etc.

As an individual who will mostly focus on the campaign aspect, I just don't think Imperial Assault is going to be a very portable game. There's so much stuff in the box (and more to come via expansions!) that it's difficult to picture a smaller, sleeker solution. And if you manage to cram it all in, setup will be a nightmare.

Hope someone will prove me wrong :)

Edited by Armandhammer

K R Muticase do a nice plain cardboard case with foam inserts for the miniatures. I believe the box would be big enough for you to put the IA card pieces in the bottom, with prehaps a single foam tray on top for your miniatures. Games Workshop do a similar box in plastic at 3 times the price.

The multifoam can be purchased in various formats, to allow for big or small miniatures. At the moment, they are doing foam inserts for the x-wing game, which offer a custom fit. A basic foam tray holds 40 average sized miniatures, so that would cover the base game and a few expansions, and you could get a custom half tray for the Atst.

Especially good if you want to transport your game, and offer protection for the miniatures. nothing worse than chipping your best paint job because of your packaging!

Check em out!

Edited by Dog0987

plano boxes

walmart use to have a box carrying case that had plano type boxes with it for like 20 dollars.

I posted this about a month ago.

I have a few Plano protector series four pistol cases to protect my X Wing mins when I travel, the cases are stylish and inexpensive. When this game comes out I will probably pick up a few more to transport this game.

[ I sometimes get interesting nods from people on the street who recognize them as gun cases. ]