Two Dash Too Furious 3.0

By skull lleader 86, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

For those who can not recall I have posted before that Dash Rendar resembles a famous and recently passed actor Paul Walker. Since the Debut of the Against All Odds Set I have been playing and tweaking a deck called Two Dash Too Furious. As much I tried I couldn't bring it with me to any store championship, regional or national event. But it has seen plenty of league play. This weekend however I decided to play it in a LGS Winter kit tournament.

Somewhere along the line I forgot to post the 2.0 But we have past that mark in deck building. After months and months of playing Star Wars. Winning a Regional, Playing at Nationals and other store events I have settled on a final list. Really though the final Idea comes from Jarrett McBride at Top Tier Gaming.
I spoke with Jarrett a little bit about my deck at Nationals and he told me about his Rebel/ Smugglers deck. The key card is Infiltration. Pay 1 resource and put a character from your hand into play participating in an engagement. I saw some great combat tricks with this gem. Made a few changes to the original list and saw some great things begin to happen, whether it was bringing Chewbacca in to block and kill the attacker or a Dash Rendar to blow up an objective. Here was the list I ended up using for a recent tournament which got me 1st.

Affiliation : Rebel
1x Along the Gamor Run
2x Behind the Enemy Lines
2x Wookie Life Debt
1x Rendars Wrath
2x Against All Odds
2x Asteroid Sanctuary

So obviously this a very aggressive deck. Most of the time I am swinging every turn. Infiltrating Chewbacca or Dash after a small unit gets through undefended. But sometimes you draw a great opening hand slowing down your opponent.

For example:
I started a match with Along the Gamor Run, Wookie life debt and Asteroid Sanctuary.
My first turn I put out Deneba refuling station and Winter. I triggered Along The gamor Runs ability committed Winter to the force and put my opponents sith Library back on the top of their deck. The next couple of turns I began putting loyal wookies into play and smaller one cost units. I was surprised how well Winter was doing. Unless my opponent drew a Sith holocron they were never going to have more than four resources. Since sith library and Dark Temples were all limited.

At the end of the day this was a fun deck and I was glad Along the Gamor is restricted to one copy because it allowed me to feel comfortable playing Rendars Wrath which a great undervalued pod and the change I made to Jarretts Nationals list. But you card draw is perfect, you have units with enough blast damage and tactics and plenty of combat tricks. This deck may not last long with Between the Shadows hitting our card base before Store Championships, but it's one I will always be tweaking and playing at tables.

Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions or even try the deck out for your self.

I am playing an almost identical deck currently, - Rendar's Wrath and + Commando Ops. It has many favorable matchups, and is frankly a lot of fun to play. Between Behind Enemy Lines and the Falcon, there are plenty of ways to slide Dash into play and keep him away from unpleasant tricks.