Three player

By Brother Horus, in Chaos in the Old World

Hi Guys,

I have been thinking about purchasing this game for a little while, but I rarely gat a chance to play with more than 3 players, is the game any good with 3?

Anybody tried with 3 players? Helloo anybody out there?

Quiet forum, unfortunately, as this game has seen its busiest times already and has started to die down.

My group still plays 1-2 games a month of this, and its definitely still a good game with three players.

If you're playing base game only, then Khorne in a 3 player game is somewhat shafted, as he's playing for the dial and unlikely to have enough targets to be able to chase people down. The other three together makes for a playable and fun game.

With the expansion in, the 3 player main combo to be wary of is Khorne and Horned Rat in the same game, as Horned Rat will struggle to work the points game when so few ruinations are occurring and will be forced to play dial, which makes him easy prey for Khorne.

Having said that, so long as every player is aware of the strengths and weaknesses of each god, the game is largely self balancing in the free for all, and becomes a game of controlled gambles and clever brinksmanship, with grand strategy more important than turn by turn tactics.

I heartily recommend this game for any serious gamer. Its not a casual experience, and indeed works poorly as that. It does, however, have a great deal of strategic depth that has kept us as a group coming back to it for well over eighty games now.

Thank you for reply. Looks like I will be buying it then :D .