Yay, I got a collecter's edition

By htsmithium, in Black Crusade

As the title says, I finally managed to get a collector's of the core book for $40 due to the sale, good timing as the binding of my original book is about dead , never mind what my cats did to the cover :(

I'd been toying with the idea of getting it for a while but was put off by UK shipping costs.

But for $40 for the book itself - SOLD!

Interestingly I placed my order last Weds 19th and I'm certain it still had all the details re the Writ of Execution up on the page - I even added my details in the order comments section per the ordering instructions. But I now notice it says the personlised writ is no longer available.

Slightly poor form from FFG if so, but not a dealbreaker.

It still looks great! :)

Edited by 51powerski

Thanks so much for posting this! I had long thought all of the collector's editions gone into the warp; consumed by the insatiable hunger of various 40k minions. I just ordered two; one for me (my own BC copy is starting to wear after 4 years) and one for a Christmas present.

Edited by UncleSickey

I'm trying to make a decision as to which type of book to buy. I'm leery about shelling out $60 USD after reading a couple of reviews that complain of poor binding on the regular editions.

My local store has a leather-bound "special edition." Does anyone know if this would this be more durable?