Rules Question - Spiritwalker

By Kane10, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I played a great game of RtL, but my friends and I ran into a question:

Please clarify how spiritwalker work. Can a hero attacks twice and can he THAN be a target of spiritwalker? Can this hero attacks FOUR times???? while the sorcerer is never seen by a monster (5 steps away, no line of sight...)?

Thank you in advance!

Kane said:

I played a great game of RtL, but my friends and I ran into a question:

Please clarify how spiritwalker work. Can a hero attacks twice and can he THAN be a target of spiritwalker? Can this hero attacks FOUR times???? while the sorcerer is never seen by a monster (5 steps away, no line of sight...)?

Thank you in advance!

The Hero with the Spiritwalker skill can make an attack that originates from any friendly figure within 5 spaces of them, as though they were in the space.

For example,. say Nanok was adjacent to a dragon. He decides to battle the dragon using Weapon A which rolls Red Green. He makes two attacks. Runewitch Astarra is up, and she has Spiritwalker, but she is out of LOS of the dragon and Nanok. She has Weapon B which rolls White Green. If she is within 5 spaces of him, she can battle and have both attacks originate from the space in which Nanok is standing as if she were there herself. So she would get two attacks versus the dragon, rolling White Green.

Spiritwalker does not grant anyone extra attacks. It merely allows the person with it to attack from the space of another hero as if they were there themselves. This has all kinds of interesting interactions, especially for things such as Shadowcloak, Command and Andira Runehand's ability. She actually gets her Pierce 2 if the hero she is making the attacks through is adjacent to the target, because she is treated as being in that space.

Does that help?

Side note: Be glad they nerfed it to 5. It used to be 10 in RtL as well, and the hero with it almost never had to move away from the start gylph.