Borrowing the Star Wars crawl for WFRP

By 9littlebees, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Just want to share something that I've created for my WFRP sessions, a crawl inspired by Star Wars.

Youtube - WFRP crawl

This evolved from the Star Wars: Edge of the Empire game that I run, where I use a proper Star Wars crawl to bring the players up to speed on the previous session.

When I started a new WFRP (3rd edition) campaign with another group, I figured, why not use something similar for them?

I've used Warhammer artwork found online (wallpaper) for the backdrop, with sound provided by the Disciples 2 game soundtrack and the Dominican font (but you all already knew that, right?).

My workflow is to create the crawl in Windows Movie Maker 2.6, save it as a 1080p WMV file, then convert it to MP4 for playback on my HDTV through my PS3.

It works a treat, and my group love it!

I like it, a great way to get the players up to speed.

I usually let the players recap what happened the previous sesssion, but this was a fun way to do the recap.

I did something similar for my horror campaign with iMovie and clips from moveis;

https://vimeo.com/86231615

Oh my that is cool! Your players are lucky though I suspect you do this as a "labour of love" and they just happen to benefit. Well done sir.

Thanks everyone.

Doc, I love your two "trailers" at your Vimeo site, but they probably took a long time to make. My crawl is updated every week (we play weekly), and it only takes me an hour to create, which is mostly trying to get the wording right so it is roughly spaced evenly.

How long does it take for you to make your trailers? I'm inspired to use them for campaign starts in future. :D

Good, Stuff!

Consider the Idea stolen for my Ohrhammer Adventures Trailer for the different Seasons. :)

Hey All

Since we're sharing I thought I'd show you what I did recently to showcase my campaign. Like Doc Cthulhu I used iMovie and Itunes though in my case I used still images instead of movie clips. These are also used without permission etc etc.

https://the-eye-of-the-storm-1.obsidianportal.com/

Oh and by the way 9littlebees these 'trailers' are done from templates and are not actually that hard to do if you have a Mac and imovie. Hope you like.

Noely

Edited by Noelyuk

@Noely:

Absolutely great! :lol:

Where is that map and ship stuff from?

It's one of the templates in iMovie. There are different themes for trailers. In my case I used the swashbuckler theme.

What Noelyuk said. iMovie offers the template and you only need to find the movies where you want to erm... borrow stuff from. It is quite easy when you get the hang of it.

I'm not a Mac user, so I guess the crawl will have to suffice.