Force & Destiny Release Date

By Deathwing, in General Discussion

Do we have a rough estimate on the Force & Destiny release date.

Just wondering if I should purchase the beta at this stage (I guess its a bit late to give feedback) or just wait for the finished product.

Thanks!

If the pattern holds it won't be until late spring/early summer at the earliest.

Normally the crb is released 8-10 months after the beta. Assume release date of may/june 2015.

And is the crb usually vastly different from the beta?

Just asking because in my upcoming campaign that I will run, I plan to incorporate a Jedi Master that has been on the run since order 66... so I'm wondering if the beta will hold material that I should have.

generally the actual CRB will include the beta and all updates. There may also be some new things that are added, but they tend to be minimal. And, of course, the actual CRB will include the majority of fluff left out of the beta.

The last two Core Rulebooks released in late June-early July.

Yup I expect to hear about it may June and be able to get it late June early July. At Gencon we should expect splat book 1 announced and the First Adventure. Along with the Last Splat book for edge a likely a Splat book for Age.

And is the crb usually vastly different from the beta?

Just asking because in my upcoming campaign that I will run, I plan to incorporate a Jedi Master that has been on the run since order 66... so I'm wondering if the beta will hold material that I should have.

The EotE CRB was what you might call "vastly" different from the Beta.

The AoR CRB was much closer to the Beta in terms of rules and mechanics.

So, if we are expecting a pattern here, we might expect the FaD to not vary too much from the Beta & Beta Updates.

The EotE Beta had a larger number of "minor tweaks" that weren't in the Beta updates, such as Scoundrel losing Brawl in favor of Deception as a bonus career skill or Force Exile dropping an instance of Street Smarts for Quick Draw, or the Move power having it's Range and Magnitude Upgrades shunted around.

I suspect that Away is probably on the mark that the changes between FaD Beta + Updates won't be too striking from the final version, enough so that your players won't need to completely rebuild their characters to account for the finalized rules.

Edited by Donovan Morningfire

I suspect there will be a Force and Destiny Beginner Game before the CRB though...

I suspect there will be a Force and Destiny Beginner Game before the CRB though...

That's almost a given.

If FFG published a Beginner Box for Age of Rebellion, then it'd be silly not to do one for the game book that a decent number of fans and prospective customers have been waiting for since the RPG line was announced.

I'll be purchasing the beginner box for another set of Dice, map etc.
think this set will include 2 force die?

The Age of Rebellion Beginner Box came out in May, two months before the CRB, so we can but hope the same schedule will apply.

Two force dice would be nice.

Edited by Scott McFarland

It would be weird if it didn't.

It would be weird if it didn't.

Actually, since the PCs in each of the prior Beginner Boxes were "starting level", I don't see a reason for FFG to vary the dice allotments. For most groups, a single Force die is all they're going to be rolling anyway, so no real need to include others. After all, there are easily situations where the difficulty dice could include more than one Challenge die, and yet the dice packs only include a single Challenge die. Or even dice pools with more than two Proficiency dice, Boost dice, or Setback dice, yet again only two of each such dice were included.

I am just thinking from the perspective of Force and destiny will be seeing more force use and higher force ratings. Would be nice to have more. On the other hand I have gotten my 2 sets of dice from the beginner box. As it is a better deal than a dice pack. So this will be my third set.

I am just thinking from the perspective of Force and destiny will be seeing more force use and higher force ratings. Would be nice to have more. On the other hand I have gotten my 2 sets of dice from the beginner box. As it is a better deal than a dice pack. So this will be my third set.

I think there's also the matter that the individual dice packs are branded as being for all three product lines.

Plus, it'd be more cost-effective for FFG to simply use the standard dice pack allotment rather than a custom allotment for a single product.

Well there we have it. Beginner Game in Q2, so probably May. Nice.