ALERT: International buyers beware

By Khayloth, in News

Hi,

I am usually really pleased with what FFG does, both their products, the events they promote and their job in general, but right now I feel highly dissapointed.

When I logged this morning and saw the Christmas sale I went directly to the shop and started drooling about the awesome prices.

In 5 minutes I had a cart of 10 products for less than 60 dollars (2 full rpg trilogies, another adventure and a novel trilogy). Then I went to checkout and my drool froze, fell and pierced my foot (yeah, it's a metaphore, my foot is ok).

10 items --> 64$

Cheapest international shipping --> 69$

My face went ---> :o

Then --> O.o

Then --> O_O

Finally --> =(

So, FFG, thanks for building up my dreams and the smashing them with a hammer (yeah, another metaphore). I mean, it's not like you lost a client, I'll continue to love your work and your products... when they are available somewhere else without an incredibly high shipping price.

I really hope American buyers can find a lot of products they like and use this opportunity to get their hands in a lot of stuff.

We, the international buyers, will linger and look at all of you with envy and sadness.

Yours sincerely,

Khayloth

Yeah, their shipping prices have always been too much even though I ordered stuff from them in the past but only because it was the only place I could find it.

I just don't understand how they can charge so much while any other e-tailers ship for a lot less.

Sadly agreed.

I was going to buy the whole Anima set for $77 (or roughly £50 in my English Pounds :P ), but the cheapest shipping would have been $93.46 (£60).

Pity :( .

I have talked with my local retailer (who is/was also a distributor) and he has assured me that this is a kind of a global thing with USA. It seems that recently all the shipping costs for USA --> Europe have been raised a lot (which also explains the usual 1 dollar = 1 euro for some products like technology).

Still, I think they should consider "loosing" a bit of money in order to sell all the stuff they want to get rid off.

USPS scam everybody, and most companies have standard boxes they stick to (just a few different sizes). That affects what price ranges they get. I still managed to get a bunch of stuff at half the local price, but it takes at least 5 items before you start to see savings as a European. Now I just wish it would ship already!

I just don't understand how they can charge so much while any other e-tailers ship for a lot less.

HostGator DreamHost Bluehost

Edited by harrykayn