Tyranids in Only War

By LordofTurtles, in Only War House Rules

I'm running an Only War game set in the Jericho Reach, the canon setting for Deathwatch. Hive Fleet Dagon is a serious problem in those parts and I wanted to know what kind of orders or passive rules the Great Devourer would have with the Formation rules from Enemies of the Imperium. I've spent some time thinking on it and I've come up with nothing interesting. Anyone have some thoughts?

I'm running an Only War game set in the Jericho Reach, the canon setting for Deathwatch. Hive Fleet Dagon is a serious problem in those parts and I wanted to know what kind of orders or passive rules the Great Devourer would have with the Formation rules from Enemies of the Imperium. I've spent some time thinking on it and I've come up with nothing interesting. Anyone have some thoughts?

NPC levels:

Hive Tyrant level tyranids (Master)

Warrior level tyranids (Elite)

Gaunt level tyranids (minion)

Synapse guidance

Passive:

Tyranid Overseer gains a Synapse Creature trait. As long as it is alive the formation may never fail Pinning or Fear test nor Break. When an Overseer dies it releases a wave of psychic energy that renders his units prone and makes them return to their bestial state.

Orders:

Endless Numbers

Action: Reaction

Subtype: Concentration

Synapse Creature makes a shriek that summons new underlings making them pour out of vents, corridors, holes in the ground etc. It has to pass a WP chalenging +0 test and may rise the formations strength by 1 for passing it and 1 for every two DoS.

Wave after Wave of Blades

Action: Full

Subtype: Attack, Melee

Underlings charge furiously at their enemies, climbing over their brethren only to reach doomed foe with their fangs and claws. It's a standard formation melee attack that inflicts one additional attack per degree of success instead of one per two. Unfortunately they are so crowded, that the spray and Blast weapons inflict double hits against them (instead of +1 or +2 hit as normal).

NPC levels:

Hive Tyrant level tyranids (Master)

Warrior level tyranids (Elite)

Gaunt level tyranids (minion)

This is really good stuff dude. I like the Waves after Waves of Blades action, still very in feel while giving a balanced ability and disadvantage. Thanks.

Np. I was thinking about the same thing.